Chapter 18- Getting Closer

I was awakened to rustling sheets and an annoyingly loud alarm. Turning on my side, I grabbed my phone and pressed the snooze button. I looked at the time.

6:30.

I groaned. The darkness that covered the room didn't make it any easier to get out of bed. I flipped onto my other side to find Codi's naked, muscular back hunched over to grab something from the floor. He sat up, exposing his ass for a second before pulling on his boxers. When he realized I watching him, he gave me a dreamy and adorable smile.

"Morning beautiful," he said sleeply. His voice sounded groggy and rough, and it made me want to pull him into my bed so we could re-do last night all over again. I blushed. Last night. I got butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

"Good morning handsome," I replied. Holding the sheet to my chest, I sat up and watched him as he continued to put on his shorts. "I should probably get up too."

He smiled. "Or you could stay in bed naked and when I get back... we could try some things we weren't able to do last night." Fuck. He made me horny from just speaking.

I cleared my throat, obvious temptation coating my judgment as I hesitantly shook my head. He let out a soft chuckle before biting back a smile.

"Come here." He leaned in while tugging down on the sheets.

"Stop trying to expose me and go surf," I snapped playfully. I pulled the sheet back up. I knew damn well I didn't care, but like he said, surfing is his number one. Although, I wasn't so sure how I felt about being number two, but only a girlfriend could demand that. I was not that. I wasn't sure what I was.

But no labels right?

"I just want a kiss," he murmured as he pulled my waist towards him. I grabbed his chin and guided him closer to me.

"Just one," I said before our lips could meet.

"Just one," he repeated. So we kissed. And one turned to two. Two turned to three. It wasn't until after our tongues were involved and before Codi revealed my naked body under the sheets that I saw it fit to stop.

"We got to get up," I sighed.

"But can't we just lay here," he groaned. I rolled out of bed. Ignoring Codi's goggling eyes staring my naked ass down, I proceeded to put on a large t-shirt and some shorts before slipping into black Nike slides. I grabbed my laptop before opening the door.

"Are you coming?" I asked. He walked to the door and followed me out. Once we reached the stairs, he grabbed my arm.

"I'm gonna go grab my shorts," he told me before departing down the hallway. I watched him as he walked down the hallway into the second door past Sammi's room. I took a mental note of it; I had a feeling that would end up on his bed soon.

I could have walked down the stairs and started writing already. Instead, I waited for him. I was starting to realize I craved his presence, even if it were only for a moment. I watched him close the door behind him and flash a grin at me before returning to my side.

"Girls first." He motioned his arm down the stairs. I rolled my eyes and led him down before opening the door to the back porch. The sun was already rising and I squinted at the sudden brightness.

"What?" I snapped as I realized Codi was staring at me. He laughed and ran a hand through his wavy mess of hair.

"I can't stare at you?"

"No." I blushed and turned away from his gaze. I could feel his eyes roaming my body and it made my heart rate accelerate.

"You're just beautiful that's all," he murmured. He gently kissed the side of my forehead before jogging down the stairs to grab his surf board. "Don't miss me too much city girl!" he yelled as made it to the shore. I watched as he carefully placed himself on his board and threaded through the water gracefully. My eyes stayed glued to him as I opened my laptop, only focusing on the screen to start writing a new chapter of my book.