Chapter 37- Word Vomit

Katrina's house looked exactly how I expected it to. It was gorgeous, spacious, and full of people that looked like they belonged on television. It made the boys' house look like an apartment, as it was three times the size of it. The living room was cleared and turned into a dance floor and there were glass doors that lead to a pool and several hot tubs. The kitchen was stacked with so much liquor that you would think they bought the whole store out. There was even a DJ.

"Are you okay?" Codi asked. He could tell I was a bit overwhelmed.

"Yeah. I just haven't been to one of these in a while," I answered. The last party I had went to was when I was a sophomore in college and the only reason I went is because I got tricked into going. It's not like I didn't like the environment, I just preferred to stay at home and write. I shook my head. Maybe Sammi was right about me being boring. I refused to let myself feel awkward tonight. I was going to be Brianna, the bad ass girl that came with three hot guys to the party and could hold her liquor. It was time to let loose.

We all made our way to the kitchen and while Jude and Bryson made their own drinks, Codi made mine and his. It was a small gesture but made me feel a lot better about tonight.

"Is that who I think it is?" A random man came up and dapped up Codi before greeting Jude and Bryson. "I thought I'd never see you again."

"I thought the same," Codi agreed. The man made eye contact with me before smiling.

"And who's this sexy looking babe?" He reached out his hand to mine. "I'm Brad."

"Brianna," I responded with a friendly smile.

"And she's also off limits," Codi chimed in while wrapping one arm around my waist. I loved when he was protective of me.

"I respect that." He nodded. "But if he ever fucks up..."

"Don't even think about it," Codi warned him. Brad laughed.

"Well it was good seeing you. Good luck at competition by the way. Heard you're going against Turf. That's gotta be hard." Codi's face tightened up and he tried to hide all the anxiety he had been feeling about nationals. I felt guilty; I had brought him to this party and he was already getting harassed by his old friends.

"He's gonna do great," I interrupted. "Now if you could excuse us. I'm in the mood to dance." I picked up my drink and ran my fingers down his arm until they reached his hand.

"Lucky man. I'll see you two around then." Brad winked at me before I led Codi to the dance floor. Picking a spot away from the majority of dancers, I stood in front him and sipped on my alcoholic drink.

"If he ever winks at you like that again I might have to rock his shit," Codi growled. I grabbed his chin with my freehand and smiled widely.

"You're hot when you're jealous." I bit my lip sexually. "But you shouldn't be." I leaned in. "You're the only one I want to fuck." I let go of my grip and he pressed a thumb against my lips. The alcohol was working fast, and just the slightest touch made my hands want to roam his body.

"Mmh... I can't tell if that's the alcohol talking or if you're finally starting to talk dirty. Either way, it's working." I kissed against his thumb before playfully sucking on it lightly. "Say the last part again."

"You're the only one I want to fuck." He pressed both hands to the side of my jaw and leaned in to kiss me. "Why didn't we just stay at home again?" Before I had the chance to answer, I felt someone come up next us. I turned to find a petite blonde girl with big brown eyes and pouty lips smiling.

"Codi Princeton. Long time since I've seen you." She placed her hands on her hips.

"Katrina Walsh. It has been a long time," he responded with blank emotion.