Chapter 14- First Date Fun

I've never been good at making decisions. I remembered this as I looked down at all the outfit choices I had laid down on the ground. I didn't have much luck on deciding, considering I had no idea where I was going. Then again, I did decide to sit down and stare at all the sprawled out clothes that were once neatly folded in my suitcase and now covered the floor. So I guess I wasn't all bad at decisions.

"Fuck," I mumbled to myself as I stared at the mess I had caused. I had already straightened my hair and applied make up but I had been sitting there for what felt like an hour. I pressed on my phone so I could see the time light up.

6:45.

Shit. He said to be ready by 7. Finally, I decided on a cute blue and red plaid flannel and ripped up jeans. I slid my feet into some suede booties before taking a last look in mirror.

After I adjusted my hair and outfit a few times, I realized I was nervous. I was REALLY nervous.

What if I do something stupid and he doesn't like me anymore?

What if we run out of things to talk about?

Creeping anxiety made my stomach churn. I had to cancel. I had to get out of this date.

I walked out of the door only to run right into Codi who was smiling from ear to ear. I took in all of him, from his tight half quarter blue shirt to his khaki shorts and vans. He looked like a model out of a Cali magazine and I felt like an obsessed fan girl drooling.

"You look... wow. I mean.... beautiful," he complemented me. I felt flustered underneath his glare.

"Er... thank you. You look good too." I awkwardly followed him down the stairs. It was like my whole entire body had shut down and I didn't know how to act. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't been in a date in a while. Or maybe it was the fact I've never been on a date with someone as attractive as him. No, that wasn't it.

He opened the door to a black mustang that I hadn't seen before.

"This is your car?" I blinked in disbelief.

"Yeah." He shrugged. "What are you surprised I can drive?" he teased.

I shook my head. "Just... haven't seen it in the driveway that's all."

"Oh yeah I usually just leave it in the garage." Of course he does. I felt like face palming myself. We hadn't even left the parking spot yet I had already said something stupid.

We spent the first ten minutes in the car silent. While I looked through the window, he kept stealing glances at me. I pretended I didn't notice. My nerves were even worse at this point and I found it hard to feel my normal self. Why couldn't I just relax?

"Okay, what's up with you?" Codi asked as we pulled up to a red light.

"What do you mean?" I turned to face him.

"You've hardly said anything, you keep frowning, and this is the first time you've looked at me all night. Did I do something wrong?"

"No no of course not." I took a deep breath. "I don't know I guess I'm just scared."

"Scared of what? First dates? You almost had sex with me in a kitchen. You don't strike me as the type to be scared of first dates." I blushed as I remembered tracing my hands down his glowing chest this morning. I just couldn't resist.

"I know but..." I bit my lip. Fuck it. I'm just gonna tell him how I feel. "Going on dates is like the first step before getting into a relationship. It's the beginning of when you start to fall for someone. And yes physically I have no problem getting close to you, but it's emotionally that I'm worried about." I watched as the red reflection on his face turned to green from the street light. He turned his attention back to the road before lacing his hand into mine.