Cali Boy- The Epilogue

Daylight gleamed through the glass windows of our apartment. We had fallen asleep on the couch this time, laying nude underneath soft cotton blankets. One advantage of Codi and I living alone- we could have sex wherever we wanted.

His lips pressed against the back of my neck. "Happy Birthday," he murmured while running his hand along the side of my thigh.

"Mmh. Thank you," I replied still half asleep. He brought his hand up to my chest and continued to kiss my cheek lightly until I woke up. "Stop." I smiled.

"Oh c'mon. I know you like it." He was right. I wasn't fooling anyone. "Today is the one day that I can spoil you without you getting mad at me."

"You don't have to spoil me today." I turned towards him. "You already spoil me enough." He did. In our entire two years of dating, I couldn't remember a time he didn't spoil me. Every day he seemed to find a new way to show he cared about me.

Things had changed drastically since the Malibu house. Codi and I had lived in Georgia together for a year and he actually grew to love the city. I mean, he had no other choice but to assimilate. He made a pretty hot city boy. Anyways, after I graduated I knew I wanted to go back to California. I had missed a lot more than I thought I would. The saddest part was leaving Sammi, but now her and her boyfriend visit more than we want them to. We live in a cute apartment near Malibu; close enough to the sea and the beach house to surf but far enough to live our own little lives. Codi ended up winning the championship the following year, and now devoted his time teaching younger kids how to swim and surf. He was definitely going to make a good dad some day.

I, on the hand, kept up with my writing, which I made quite a bit of money from. Honestly, Codi's dad would be impressed. The most important thing was, I was finally at a place in my life where everything felt right.

"Let's get up and get breakfast?" Codi murmured.

"Okay." I lifted the covers and stood to my feet. "But um... lets put on our clothes first."

He looked down at his covers. "Right." He paused. "Well I'll put on clothes. The birthday girl should stay in her birthday suit." He eyed me up and down.

I rolled my eyes. "The birthday girl is putting on her birthday clothes. But there will be plenty of birthday suits later." I pulled my hair back in a ponytail. "I'm gonna go take a shower. I feel gross."

"Well babe we should go ahead and get ready then. I have the whole day planned out for us."

I beamed. "Okay baby." He followed me into the room.

"You're not going to ask me where we're going?" he asked.

"Nope. I know better by now." He was a man of surprises. He would always be that, and I had gotten used to it. Not to mention, there hasn't been one surprise he's given me that I've hated. I trusted him.

We jumped into the shower and Codi immediately started to lather my body in soap. When it was my turn, I hummed as I traced along his body.

"What song are you singing?" he asked softly.

"So this is love," I sang out.

He raised his brows. "From Cinderella?"

"Yes."

"And you say I'm the cheesy one." He shook his head and I laughed. If he could feel how giddily happy I was he would understand. It was already the best birthday I had and it just started.

"What do you know about Cinderella?" I teased.

"I did have a sister you know."

"She's hard to forget."  Brigitte hadn't changed much, except for the fact she was now completely obsessed with Codi and I being a couple. Every time we texted or talked there would be some talk of marriage. She wanted him to pop the big question, and I can't say I would mind if he did.