Chapter 7- Coffee and Hangovers

When morning came, my head was spinning and nausea took over my body. The sunlight coming from the window was enough to create a splitting headache.

Last night was a blur; I remembered significant details but not the speech that went with them. I looked down, discovering that I was still in yesterday's clothes. A knock came at my door before it cracked open. Please, anyone but Sammi or AJ.

"Room service." I looked up to find Codi with a glass of water and some Advil. "AJ sent me to relieve you from your hangover. Damn, you look like shit."

"Thanks for that," I mumbled. I reached down in one of the bedside table drawers until I found make up wipes. I completely wiped off yesterday's make up, not even caring that Codi was watching me do it.

"Wow."

"What?" I growled at him.

He put his his hands up in defense. "Nothing, jeez. It's just that you actually look better without any make up."

"Um, thanks I guess?" I tied my hair up in a bun before drinking the water and swallowing the pills. When he was still staring at me, I furrowed my eyebrows annoyed. He was acting more strange than usual.

"You didn't sleep with him did you?" He spat out.

"What are you talking about?" I knew exactly what he was talking about, I just wanted him to say it himself.

"AJ. You didn't sleep with him did you?! I saw you guys walk in your room together." I thought of making up something to piss him off or possibly saying a sarcastic joke about it, but I could tell he was genuinely concerned. Also, I was too lazy to think of anything from the top of my head.

"No. We kissed, that's it," I stated.

"Good. That guy is bad news."

I broke out into a huge grin. "Are you actually concerned for me Cali boy?"

"I just would hate to see a pretty girl like you destroyed by some sex driven asshole." I was surprised; who would have known Codi had a soft spot after all.

"Pretty?"

"I like how that's the only part you heard," he mumbled.

"So you think I'm pretty?" I repeated. His laugh made me feel satisfied with his answer. It also made my heart beat even faster than usual when I'm around him.

"Yeah, I guess. Most of all I just don't want to see you get hurt." He started for the door.

"You're getting soft on me." He stopped in his tracks and turned.

"Appreciate it now. It's the last time it's ever happening." I didn't believe him. I knew one thing for sure; I was completely wrong about him. He wasn't as much as an asshole as he made himself seem, and I was determined to bring out the sweet side of him he often hid.

"So you're attracted to me?" I ignored the statement he made.

"Don't let your head get big," he muttered before closing the door.

"You didn't answer the question!" I yelled at the door. When I didn't hear a response, I decided it was about time I got out of bed. I started to wonder why AJ and Codi disliked each other so much and if it had anything to do with the girl they were talking about when I first got here. They seemed to have a mutual distrust towards each other.

I dragged myself to the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up, taking a stop to vomit all the vodka and tequila I had drank last night. I threw on a t-shirt dress out of pure laziness.

I needed a cup of coffee and some saltine crackers bad. I opened my door, wanting to make a straight line to the kitchen while avoiding everybody. Instead, I ran straight into Sammi.