Prologue

Why should I help you?

A pair of yellow eyes studied her every move, her stare seemingly burning her soul. All around her was darkness, with nothing left to see.

"Because you said so." Her hands opened to see a ball of flame flickering in her hands gently, the bright spark of flame brightening her face. She was worried, but did not dare to show any weakness in from of the mythical-like woman. Her fears had been gnawing in her for a while, and she knew that she did not have much time left.

No, she did not have any sickness. The root of the problem came from her own heart, for she did not know who or what she was. She was a being with no goal,for she does not know what her heart wants. Soon, she would be gone if she could not give an answer to all those questions in her.

So you brought it to me after all. Why? You should have known that I would not help you.

"You're right. But I did not came here to ask for your help." she said midly, staring at the tiny flames in her hands.

"I want you to save her."

The result was obvious as the flames started to scorch her. Burning her as she towered over her.

Save them? she spit. Save them when they abandoned me when all I did was care for them? Even if the demons invaded the rotten building, did you honestly thought that I would save them? Why should I?

Her eyes flashed with hatred, deep and bottomless. 

She smiled sadly. "Even if they forsake you, you're still their kin, your own flesh and blood. Tell me, can you really turn your gaze away from them? Do you really bear to see them fall, unable to help them up? 

"Ask yourself, Amaterasu." she said quietly.

The ember-like eyes dimmed as it flickered, a hint of emotion flashing in them before it disappeared.

"You know I won't be able to live much longer. Please, I have no care of my life, but my child's." She whispered, backing off from the sensitive topic.

Amaterasu scoffed. You care for the weakling more than your own precious little life? How pathetic.

Her eyes became misty as she seemingly returned to those happy days with him, her peals of laughter echoing in her ears as she stared at him lovingly. It astounded her sometimes, how happy and innocent she was of the sins around her.

"She's the only thing left in my life. I own her too much, the least that I could do is this." She gazed deeply, almost pleadingly, that Amaterasu averted her gaze.

Amaterasu sighed. The gaze reminded her of herself, back in those days. 

I cannot offer you much, but a blessing. Your child will be bless with the immunity against fire, and until she is sixteen, she will be unknown of those who seeks her. Though I doubt it will last, your child will at least be unaware for those sixteen years.

She nodded, satisfied. "That is more than enough."

You do know the price, I presume?

"As long as she is safe for those years, then I care not of it."

The woman nodded, her eyes looking at her unblinkingly.

The deal is done.