Chapter 1

"Why are you here exactly?" The man looked up at Mark with a raised eyebrow, Mark swaying back and forth on his feet. "To guard? I guess..." Mark didn't know what else to say.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes? I saw the flyer for the job, so here I am" Mark shrugged and the man sighed, standing slowly, walking around the desk to stand before Mark. "Tell me sir, are you aware of what you are guarding?"

"Yes, kind of?" Mark bit his lip, squinting and glancing away in unsurity. "You will be watching Sean McLoughlin, recognise the name?" He rose an eyebrow and Mark swallowed.

"I know the name but please, tell me" Mark said.

"Sean, well, he likes being called Jack, is a 26 year old man who, from a young age, has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and a bipolar disorder, making it difficult for him to around people" He started to explain, walking down a passage, gesturing for Mark to follow him.

"His family didn't seem too concerned with their sons condition, which was reckless and irresponsible, they let him live on like a normal child, letting him go to school and so on, the children at his school noticed his difference and bullied him, quickly leading to him having a great anxiety and social disorder" He sighed and Mark bit his lip.

"One day, the bullying became too much for him to handle, he was having hallucinations of what was going on and attacked a child with a pair of scissors, stabbing him repeatedly until the police were able to pull him off, seeing as the teachers couldn't do it ".

"He has been travelling from one institution to another because he cannot be handled whatsoever, so he's here to be made sure that he does not somehow, leave" he stopped in front of a large steel door, Mark gaping at it.

"But now, let me tell you, we put up those flyers three days ago, you are the forth person to come and try the job" He said blankly and Mark rose an eyebrow.

"Oh?"

"The others gave up after one hour of being near Sean's room" he said and Mark gulped, his hands began shaking, stuffing them into the pockets of his jeans.

"So I'll ask again, Are you sure?" He questioned and Mark coughed before he nodded, the man sighed and turned to the door, placing his hand on the handle and pushing it open, revealing a small room, where at the far end was another steel door with a keypad beside it.

Mark frowned, closing the door as the man told him to, his heart rate picking up with each second. "I must warn you, Sean is very loud and spontaneous, don't be surprised if he won't shut up" he mumbled as he typed into the keypad before the door clicked open, Mark walking in after him.

It was a large dark hall, there was a kitchen setup on one side and a monitoring table with several different panels and controls, but what Mark saw first was the large glass room right in the centre of the hall. Mark could see a living type of area in the glass room, a man laying on the bed with his eyes closed.

"That would be Sean, he seems to be sleeping but, you can never be too sure, now, I wish I could explain what must happen personally but I'm afraid I cannot, there is a folder on the desk over there which will explain everything you need to know" He said hurriedly, walking towards the door.

"Oh, and also Mark" He said, Mark looking up at him with pursed lips."Don't look, listen or talk to Sean for too long".

"Why?"

"He'll drive you to insanity."

"Uh!" Mark said, looking back at him, sighing when he saw the door shut.

Mark turned back to the glass room, getting a slight fright when he saw the man standing right by the glass wall, staring right at him. He had pale skin, blue eyes that seemed to give off the fact that he was not mentally stable and faded green hair, making Mark frown slightly. He wore a blue hoody and grey sweats, Mark could see he was very skinny and small, which made him wonder how he had the strength to pull off the things he had done.