Chapter 26

"Mark! Oh God! Mark!!" Sean screamed, climbing to his feet quickly and rushing to his side, the tears already streamed down his cheeks as he dropped to his knees, looking down at his unconscious lover, sobbing profusely.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry!" The man in the van jumped out, his hand covering his mouth in shock, his eyes wide. "Don't just fucking stand there and gape! Call the fucking ambulance!!" Sean screamed at him, watching as he flinched and nodded, pulling out his phone and dialing in the number, glancing over at Sean worriedly.

Sean pulled Mark's head to his chest, holding him tightly, rocking his body slightly, sniffling not only from his flu but now from the sadness that drenched over him.

"Mark! Please god don't leave me baby! Please!" Sean sobbed, leaning down and pressing his forehead against Marks bloody one, sobbing uncontrollably.

"They're on their way!" The man exclaimed, rushing over to Sean and kneeling beside him, Sean had the great urge to stuff his hand down that man's throat and pull out his spine but refrained, only sending him a violent glare, seeing him notice the glare and back away slightly.

"Please don't die" Sean mumbled until he heard a gasp come from the man, glancing up at him as he backed away more, his eyes wide with realisation.

"Holy fuck! You're Sean McLoughlin!" He pointed at him and Sean grit his teeth, slowly standing. "Yeah? So? Can't I live a normal fucking life with our pricks running over the only person that keeps me sane!? How would you fucking feel if you were in my situation?! Huh?!" Sean yelled, glaring at him.

His eyes sadden and he looked to the ground, shifting on his feet. "Yeah... I guess I see where you're coming from... Don't worry, your secrets safe with me" he glanced back up at Sean, taking him by surprise.

"R-Really?" Sean eyed him suspiciously. "Yes" he nodded once and Sean couldn't help but let a small smile crack, nodding thankfully to him before turning back to Mark, hearing the sirens.

"I'm Daniel by the way" he cleared his throat, Sean glancing up at him, nodding simply.

(Firstly, there is no meaning to this, I just really want to use Daniel in this even though he is no longer with us, we cannot just immediately discard his existence, he was an amazing person and this is my way of honoring his being. So please don't hate on me in the comments, and if you are really sensitive over the whole Daniel situation, please seek help)

The men from the ambulance pulled Sean away, who briefly refused to leave Mark's side but Daniel offered to take him to the hospital, since Sean was not of family with Mark and could not ride ahead with them. Besides Daniel promised him he'd keep his secret, it'd be an extreme risk to let him ride with these men.

Sean sat in the passenger seat, his head hung and his hand rubbing his arm, the silent tears rolled down his cheeks, Daniel glanced over at him every once in a while, biting his lip and sighing.

"Look, I'm really sorry" Daniel said, breaking the silence. If it weren't for the bipolar medication Sean was on, he would have started screaming at Daniel, he was thankful that Mark had forced him to take that awful medicine.

"It's... fine" Sean glanced at him, he couldn't deny Daniel was an attractive man with light sandy brown hair and a small beard growing along his chin, his black framed glasses falling over the bridge of his nose, his fingers pushing them back up.

"I like your tattoo" Daniel remarked, seeing the symbol on Sean's arm, watching as he smiled slightly. "So do I".

__________

"Where is he?! Why can't I see him?!" Sean demanded, glaring at the lady behind the counter, slamming his fist on the counter in anger. He hated any kind of hospital, it just made him think he was going back to that damned glass room and Rodney would be there waiting for him with a whip.

"Sir, please calm down, he is in surgery" she said, gulping and looking down at her monitor before looking back up at him. "Bullcrap!" Sean yelled, earning unwanted attention from the other people in the waiting area.

"Jack... calm down, he'll be fine" Daniel said, placing a hand on Sean's shoulder, deciding not to call him by his real name so people might have a lesser chance of recognising him.

"I don't know that! And you sure as fuck don't know that either!" He jabbed a finger in Daniel's chest, glaring angrily at him. "Maybe so, but getting angry isn't going to help, take a seat and I'll get you something to drink, kay?" Daniel sat Sean down who sighed, nodding.

"What'd you like?" Daniel asked him, bending over and looking him in the eyes curiously. "Black coffee please" Sean huffed and Daniel smiled, sending him a wink and walking off.

Sean sunk in the seat, glaring at the people who gaze him looks, making them look away from him quickly. That was until a little girl walked up to him, she wore a cap much like the one Mark had given Sean, making his smile weakly, what made him drop the smile was the fact she had no hair, her eyes were a pale green colour and her skin was whiter than his own, making him lower his gaze at her extremely skinny figure.

"Hi mister! I'm Enitza! What's your name!" She held out her hand to him, smiling brightly. "J-Jack" he took her hand in his own and shook it, his fingers shook at how weak her grip was.

"Nice to meet ya Jack!" She pulled away, clasping her hands together, grinning toothily. "How old are ya darlin'?" He asked, clearing his throat, trying not to stare at her head.

"4!" She giggled, holding up four fingers proudly. "Oh, you're so big!" He smiled and she giggled, taking the seat next to him. "How old are ya Jack?!" She asked and he sighed, looking to the ceiling, trying to remember how old he was.

"Twenty.... Twenty six" he said slowly, glancing over at her as she grinned to him. "Wow! I love your hair mister!" She reached her hand up and ran her fingers through his green locks,

"Thank you Enitza, I like your cal" he winked, propping it up slightly, watching her cheeks flush and she giggled. "I wear it to hide my head" she smiled and he sighed sadly.

"May I ask? But what is it you have?" He asked and she smiled innocently, tilting her head to the side. "I have Leukaemia mister, but is not all dat bad, no sir-ee" she smiled brightly, climbing onto her knees on the chair, throwing her hands up gleefully.

"I was supposed to see da great man up dere when I vas two! But I amazed the doctor! They say I am big and strong girl!" She flexed her muscles, Sean smiling sadly at her.

"Enitza! Come on! We can't miss your therapy again! Leave the poor man alone!" They heard a woman call, sending an apologetic smile Sean's way before it turned to realisation, but she said nothing.

"Okay mama! Bye Jack! I hope Mark is Okey!" She kissed his cheek and shakily wobbled her way to her mother, Sean watching her empathetically.

His life could be so much worse, he was almost grateful. But if Mark didn't live, all shit would break lose.

_____