Chapter 29

Mark let out a yelp as he shot up, falling off the bed he was laying on, the water that was thrown on his dripped off his face, his breathing heavy and low coughs leaving his lips.

"You're fucking hard to carry" Sean's voice reached his ears, a bucket throw to the floor. Mark sat up on his knees, seeing he was left shirtless, a bandage wrapped around his body, his muscles ached with every move he made.

"W-What?" Mark rose his hands, seeing both his arms and hands covered in bandages, blood soaking the fabric. "I had to carry your sorry ass here, you were fucking heavy" Sean huffed, Mark looking up at him, seeing his exposed chest.  It was clear he was fitter now, Mark could see his muscles flex with each breath he drew.

"Are you gonna stay on the floor gaping or are you going to make me get you up?" He spat, glaring at Mark slightly. Mark swallowed and slowly stood, groaning painfully, his hands pressed over his stomach.

The pain in his body kept him down, yelping out as it shot throughout his body, Sean watching him boredly. "Come on! Pain is good! It keeps you going, now fight through it and get the fuck up" Sean demanded harshly, grabbing Mark's arm and roughly pulling him up to stand.

"Fuck!!" Mark groaned painfully, stumbling back, Sean quickly grabbing him but was surprised when he fell down with Mark landing on top of him.

Mark's back hit the damp mattress of the bed he was laying in, groaning at the impact of Sean landing on him, pressing against his wounded body.

Sean stared into Mark's eyes, letting his gaze linger before his eyes flickered to his lips, his cheeks reddening and his gaze hardening before he pulled himself off, stepping away.

Mark pushed himself up slightly, struggling to stand upright, leaning back on the bed, staring at Sean with a painful frown. "Get some fucking clothes on, I'll be downstairs" Sean grumbled, hesitantly stepping back and turning, walking out the room.

Mark looked around the room, realising he wasn't in his house, well, he knew this wasn't his house. The room was large, the bed that was still wet from when Sean threw the bucket of water over him was queen-sized having royal red covers, the floor was a dark wood colour, as was the ceiling, the wall's a dark royal purple shade, there were large wardrobes that seemed as though they belonged in the Narnia film, making him frown.

Where the hell was he?

Mark opened the giant wardrobe, pulling out a grey sweatshirt that looked like it was never used, he sighed and carefully pulled it on, the shirt just fitting him, his body ached, a small grunt left his lips.

He shakily walked to the door, leaning his body against the wall to prevent him from falling. The floorboards groaned under his feet, his teeth gritted at the loud sounds, stepping out the room, leaning against the wall of the long passageway.

The giant house felt like a typical haunted mansion, it sent shivers down his spine, walking along the dark and eery passage, the house creaked and groaned, making him feel sickly. He felt as though the house shook with the wind, making him sway, nearly stumbling over his feet.

He found the stares, the steps covered with a battered red carpet, leading down to the front door like in a mansion from a movie. He gripped the railing by the staircase, the feeling of layers of dust sticking to his hand, raising it and rubbing it on his pants,  coughing at the dust that drifted in the air.

He took one step before he felt someone shove his back, making him scream and fall forward, toppling down the steps, crying out it pain as he had eventually reached the bottom, thankfully not having broken anything.

He looked up the stairs, seeing nothing, frowning and screaming when he turned, seeing Sean looking down at him worriedly. "What happened? I heard screaming, did you fall?" Sean kneeled beside him, rolling up Mark's sleeves and seeing his bandages completely soaked with the crimson substance of blood.

"Shit... I need to rebandage these" Sean helped him up, not noticing Mark's confused gaze. "Did you push me?" Mark asked, Sean staring at him as he sat him down in a chair.

"What? Why would you even accuse me of that Mark?" Sean stepped back, offended. "Someone pushed me down the stairs, who else is here?" Mark scratched the back of his neck, frowning.

"No one" Sean said, walking away, returning with some medical equipment, his head hung, staring at the ground. "What?" Mark mumbled, frowning, watching as Sean bandages his arm, not speaking or looking up at Mark.

"Then who pushed me?" Mark mumbled to himself, rubbing his forehead in thought, his head ached. "Shut the fuck up, you're really pissing me off" Sean suddenly demanded, roughly ripping the bandage and clipping it closed, Mark groaning, pleading for him to be more gentle.

"Are you suggesting that I fucking did it!? I didn't do anything!!" Sean began screaming, slamming his fists against the wall, Mark watching with widened eyes.

"I wish you could just fucking believe me and not blame me for things I didn't do!" Sean screamed, glaring at Mark angrily.

"I-I'm sorry" Mark stumbled over his words, his body beginning to tremble.

"You're fucking scared Mark! What do you suggest I fucking do! You know I can't help how I act" he screamed, grabbing a vase and throwing it at him, the porcelain shattering as it smashed on the wall, Mark narrowly dodging, his eyes wide.

"Sean! Please!" Mark held out his hands to Sean, telling him to calm down, this only made him angrier. "Don't 'Sean, please' me! You can't control me! Why do you always have to control me! I am my own person!!" He screamed, storming off.

Mark watched him walk off, his heart beating at an exceeding rate, he didn't know what to think, he then remembered bits and pieces of when he was watching Sean, he knew right there that Sean was much worse than he was at first.

________

I miss Sean's medication...