Introduction (Rewrite)

This rewrite is mainly for fun, since when I look back on the book I can't help but think of how much better it could've been and why not try to rewrite my masterpiece? 

The reason for it being still in this book and not a completely new one is mainly to reintroduce the story to those who are already familiar with the story and such. I'm still deciding whether or not to make a completely new book for this rewrite or not, I'm not sure though; do let me know what you think I should do.

This will NOT follow the exact plot of the last book the dialogue and the events will change drastically but it will follow the same theme. I hope this will be a fun ride for you? This is definitely going to be a serious trip down memory lane for me. Thanks for joining me on this adventure once again!

Emma.

_____

You'd think it would be easy to get a job with a psychology master's degree wouldn't you? You've got a great array of knowledge on mental health and the details behind emotional reactivity and the like. Yet why was it so hard for Mark to do that? He was perfectly capable of being a therapist yet that proved to be so much harder than he had anticipated. He wanted to help people, he liked helping others and understanding others yet he just couldn't find a permanent position anywhere that was convenient.

He wouldn't particularly label this chance as a 'god sent' but it was an opportunity to do something to a degree of what he wanted. Mark thought he was qualified both emotionally and physically for this opportunity but judging by the way this man reviewed his CV and how he bit his lip doubtfully almost made Mark break into a nervous sweat. It wasn't too much to deal with surely? During Mark's courses in dealing with the mentally unstable as a part of his studies, he knew he had good enough experience in this area of expertise, though he couldn't say he had experience with being close to a severely unstable person for more than 2 hours.

"You think you're capable?" He spoke up, the tone of his voice really emphasising how doubtful he was. "You seem just as capable as the last three guys that came and went over these past two days", he slammed the folder of Mark's CV shut and chucked it onto the desk carelessly. Mark gave a thin smile, trying to hide his annoyance.

"I have the qualifications to be in close contact with these types... I have experience. I do consider myself capable yes", he said and the man, who originally introduced himself as Rodney gave a rather chilled smile as he laced his fingers together.

"I like the confidence", he expressed. "Except they all had that confidence before they withdrew just a short while after dealing with him. Does this knowledge numb your confidence Fischbach?" He asked with a quirked brow and Mark bit his lip. Yes, it made him a little unnerved that someone could scare off three qualified people within the span of 48 hours. Mark wasn't one to back down from a challenge though, and this sounded like a proper challenge at best. He was intrigued.

"I'm more infuriated in your presumptuousness that I'll cower like the rest. How about you give me a chance before you make that assumption? Unless this is your way of saying that I don't fit the bill to be around this man even with my master's in psychology and prior experience with working in a psychiatric ward", he gestured to the folder on the desk and the man smiled, more so sneered before he gave a small shrug.

"Sean is a unique subject. He's too unstable to be around the other patients and we can't have him wandering around the building. He needs to stay in that room 24/7 and needs constant surveillance, he's very cunning", he looked off to the side and Mark gave out a huff.

"Seeing as so many were scared off in such a short period of time, why don't I just try a shift to watch over him and see how I handle it. You don't have to pay me if I can't stay for the required amount of time; in that case, go on and say 'I told you so' afterwards. I'd like to give this a shot. I have my degree to show my capability and I have the physical criteria to follow through with keeping him in check", he expressed and Rodney rocked his swivel chair side to side as if in consideration.