Chapter 5

"Sean, what are you doing?" Mark called as he looked up from his notes, frowning when he saw Sean crawling under his bed.

"I'm looking!" Sean exclaimed and Mark rose an eyebrow. "What for?"

"My red sharpie!" He declared and Mark chuckled breathlessly , shaking his head at him. "Why?"

"I wanna draw something for you!" Sean looked at him, Mark noticing the red shade that dusted over his pale cheeks. "Why?" Mark leaned back in his seat, staring at Sean curiously.

"To thank you of course!" He smiled as he got hold of his red marker, standing and sitting at his table beginning to draw. "You don't have to Sean" Mark smiled to him.

"I know, but I want to" he said, grinning and drawing more. A few moments later Sean dropped his pen and held up the paper which had a big red heart on it, Sean smiling brightly to Mark.

"Awww, thank you Sean" Mark chuckled, standing from his seat. Sean grabbed another piece of paper and scribbled a few words onto it, holding it up and showing Mark his smile no longer om his face.

It read 'Rodney hit me again becuase he found out I told you'.

"Shit, I'm sorry Jack" Mark huffed, hanging his head. "I didn't say it" Sean crumbled up the piece of paper and tossed it aside.

"Where'd he hit you?" Mark asked and Sean pulled his shirt over his head, showing the numerous marks on his side and back.

"Everywhere".

Mark glared at the ground, gritting his teeth. He almost had the urge to open the door and hug Sean but held it back, knowing it was probably a bad idea. Sean quickly pulled his shirt back on, seeming scared.

"Everything alright, Mark?" Rodney asked from behind Mark.

Mark's jaw clenched and he turned to face the smirking red head who had his eyebrows risen at Mark. "What do you want, Rodney?" Mark spat out the name.

"Just saying hi, seeing if everything is in order, as it should be" Rodney held up his hands in defense. "Leave" Mark demanded, looking back at Sean, who kept his gaze on the ground.

"Why should I Mark? What if I were to say your shift is no longer needed here?" Rodney challenges, Sean taking him too seriously. "No!"

"Calm down Sean" Rodney glared and Sean cowered under his gaze, pulling his knees to his chest. "You have been dismissed for the day Mark" Rodney smiled and Mark hesitated, before he went to pick up his bag.

"No! Mark please! Don't leave me! He's gonna hurt me! God please don't go!" Sean began tearing up, fear evident in his face, pressing his hands on the glass as he sat up on his knees.

"Sean! Shut your trap!" Rodney rose his voice and Sean flinched, shaking his head. Marks eyes narrowed and he dropped his bag, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"No" Mark shrugged and Rodney rose an eyebrow, placing his hands on his knees and pursing his lips. "No?"

"Exactly, No" Mark snapped, walking up to Rodney. "I'm not going home early today, so just get out" Mark demanded and Rodney glared, turning his back to Mark and striding out, clearly agitated.

Mark huffed and turned to Sean who smiled brightly, looking out at Mark.

__________

Screams. That's what woke Mark up. Screams.

He lunged off his chair and looked to the glass room, his eyes wide as he saw Sean flip his table, it slammed into the glass, Mark's heart stopped when he saw the crack form when the table slammed into the glass.

"Shit! Sean! Stop that!" Mark stood, hoping Sean didn't notice the crack. "Why don't you fucking come here and make me Mark!" Sean screamed, red in the face with pure anger.

"What's the matter with you?" Mark frowned, studying the crack without Sean seeing. "I've come to the conclusion, I'm just money to you!" Sean screamed, flipping his bed as well.

"Sean? Have you lost your mind?" He yelled and Sean threw his head back and cackled madly, falling onto his back and clutching his stomach. "Don't fuck with me Mark! I can see it in those fucking gorgeous eyes of yours!"

"Sean I do care!" Mark sighed but Sean punched the glass, glaring at Mark. "Bullshit! Horseshit! What a load of ass and tits!" Sean yelled and Mark stared at him bewildered.

"I never want to see you again Mark! Get the fuck out of here!" Sean screamed, glaring venomously at him through the glass. "Sean-"

"Leave!!!" Sean screeched, making Mark jump slightly at his loud voice.

Mark picked up his bag and left, looking over at Sean who glared after him, his hands curled into fists and he panted heavily. His green hair stuck to his forehead which was slightly wet. For the first time, Mark noticed how attractive Sean really was.

______

"What do you mean he just lost it? How did he lose it?" Jess bombarded Mark with questions as Chica lay beside him, Mark smiling and petting her.

"I mean, he just lost it? What more can I say Jess?" Mark rolled his eyes at her slightly. "Why did he lose it? What did you do?!" She sat beside him, taking his bicep in her hands as she watched him curiously.

"He's going off about how I didn't care about him and it was all for money and screamed at me to get the fuck out" Mark stated in a bland tone, not really wanting to talk about it, as well as talk to Jess.

"Well did you say something? You obviously must've said something to make him think that" She said and Mark sighed, getting irritated with her constant questioning, Jess noticed his impatience.

"You know what? Fuck you! My mom was right when she said you were a bad idea!" She shoved his arms slightly, startling Chica and making her jump off and bump against Jess.

"Get the fuck away Chica" She nudged Chica harshly with her leg, the dog nearly stumbled over to its side. "Hey! Leave her the fuck alone!" Mark glared. "What's wrong with you!? All you fucking cares about is that damn mutt!" She yelled at him and Chica hid behind his legs.

"Get out of my house, no, in fact, get out of my life you low life bitch! No one talks about my Chica like that! I'm sick of your constant nagging and your pathetic ego! Get your shit and leave!" Mark demanded and she rolled her eyes, collecting her belongings.

"Fuck you Mark!" She flipped him off and he groaned, sitting down and holding Chica close to him.

_____