Chapter 30

There was no doubt it Mark's mind that he needed to get out of there before Sean killed him. But it made his heart ache at the thought of leaving him.

He realised that Sean was at loss of his medication, he couldn't control himself or his own emotions anymore, he could see think about what he was saying or doing, he was worsening everyday.

Mark was sure to keep distance between them, to avoid any more conflict with Sean, but mainly because he was terrified of him. Mark sat in the large dining room, staring out the windows at the rain, the branches of trees scratching against the glass.

Sean walked in, a ball in his hand, tossing it up in the air and catching it again, walking right past Mark as if he hadn't even noticed him. He went to the fireplace at the end of the room, fiddling with the wood and equipment, soon the flames burst out, making him jump back, coughing as a large cloud of black smoke blew into his face, causing Sean to have a coughing fit.

Mark had the desire to get up and help Sean, but held back, not wanting to anger him or do anything that would cause conflict.

Sean looked at him, their eyes meeting, his hard gaze softened and he stood, the light from the flames reflected on his back as he slowly made his way over to Mark, throwing the ball between his hands, his eyes not leaving Mark's.

"I've missed you Mark, honestly" He came closer, Mark beginning to stand until Sean gripped his shoulders and forced him back down. "We should really... familiarize ourselves again" Sean sat in the chair beside Mark's, his fingers running along Marks arms.

"W-What?" Mark asked, his eyes widening slowly. "You know... like we used to do, before you.... before you blew my cover at the hospital like a giant fuck tard!" Sean's grip on Marks arm tightened and Mark yelped, lifting his hand to try and pry Sean's hand off.

Sean quickly grabbed a fork that was on the table and slammed it into the table, just missing Mark's hand. "Don't make any moves" Sean said through his grit teeth, smiling wider.

"B-But-" Mark was cut off when Sean forcefully smashed his lips into Mark's,  gripping his shirt and pulling him closer. Mark, being as surprised as he was, didn't kiss him back, only making Sean angrier, biting down on Marks lips, hard.

Mark gasped and opened his mouth, Sean taking the advantage and letting his tongue continue the kiss, Mark shutting his eyes tightly, the taste of blood touched his tongue, unwillingly kissing Sean back.

Sean pulled away, Mark's eyes opened, seeing the crimson substance on Sean's lips as he slowly licked it off, humming in delight. "Your blood... is absolutely devine baby" he opened his eyes, smirking dirtily.

"Get off of me!" Mark shoved him, standing too quickly, groaning loudly as pain shot through his veins, but he didn't let it stop him as he forced Sean to sit back down when he tried to get up, hurrying out the room.

"Mark!! Where are you off to?!" Sean giggled madly, walking after him. "Leave me alone Sean! You're crazy!" Mark screamed, going up the stairs as fast as he could, hearing Sean growl.

"Crazy? Crazy?! Me?! Crazy!?" Sean screamed, beginning to cackle out in insanity, clutching his stomach but he carried on chasing Mark, who had reached the top of the staircase, grabbing a chair by the wall and pushing it down the stairs, trying to slow Sean down.

"Stop resisting our love Mark! Face me like a fucking man!!" Sean screamed, getting angrier by the second, shoving the chair out of his way and climbing up the stairs, two steps at a time.

"You're not the Sean I fell in love with!" Mark pulled a grandfather clock from its place, pushing it so it blocked the entire hallway.

"How would you fucking know!? You're the one who forgot!" Sean screamed, climbing over it. "I sure as hell know you're not him" Mark picked up a book and threw it at Sean, picking up several and throwing them at him, until one hit him in the face, making him stumble back.

"Mark! Cut it out! For fuck sake!" Sean demanded, picking up his pace as Mark ran into a random bedroom, slamming the door shut, pulling a wardrobe over the door, to buy him some time.

"Mark! Open this fucking door!" Sean demanded, banging his fists on the door, Mark pacing and trying to think of what he could possibly do, his heart beating against his chest, the fear was radiating off of him but he didn't care, he was far too scared to even notice how much fear he had.

The door began giving it, Sean being able to crack it open slightly, grinning triumphantly as he shoved on it more. Mark began whining in panic until his eyes landed on the window, his body froze and his eyes stuck on it.

He thought it through, wondering whether it was worth the risk. His thoughts were cut off short when Sean squeezed through, giggling.

Mark huffed and ran towards it, preparing himself for the pain as he jumped out the window, shielding his face as the glass shattered. Everything seemed to go in slow motion after that, the impact of his body on the glass, the sound and feel of the fragile glass cracking and smashing.

He knew Sean was trying to grab him, but he also knew he wasn't fast enough to be close to catching him. It all went back to him as soon as he hit the ground, letting out a piercing scream, rolling onto his back, coughing in pain.

Sean cursed under his breath and smacked his palm on the wall, turning on his heels and running towards the door, pulling the wardrobe out of his way, screaming in anger and frustration.

Once he had eventually pulled it away, he jumped over the wardrobe, rushing to the stairs and jumping down them, stumbling a few times but never fell, rushing to the front entrance and swinging the doors open, running to where Mark had jumped, slowing down when he saw that he was no longer there.

______