Before time

A bit more just because....

_______________

"Sean, well, he likes being called Jack, is a 26 year old man who, from a young age, has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and a bipolar disorder, making it difficult for him to be around people".

"His family didn't seem too concerned with their sons condition, which was reckless and irresponsible, they let him live on like a normal child, letting him go to school and so on, the children at his school noticed his difference and bullied him, quickly leading to him having a great anxiety and social disorder".

"One day, the bullying became too much for him to handle, he was having hallucinations of what was going on and attacked a child with a pair of scissors, stabbing him repeatedly until the police were able to pull him off, seeing as the teachers couldn't do it".

​​ "He has been travelling from one institution to another because he cannot be handled whatsoever, so he's here to be made sure that he does not somehow, leave".

Mark thought very carefully about those facts Rodney told him about Sean. He pondered on them as he looked over at Jack who sat on his bed and hummed to himself. What happened to him?

_____________________________

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

The crowd cheered and hollered. Everywhere Jack looked, there was another face and behind that face was another, it was like they just kept swarming over. Each time the young boy tried to break out of the circle, he was merely shoved back into the other boy who was with him.

The boy grabbed Jack's shoulder and spun him round, Sean's cheek coming in contact with a fist, knocking him off his feet, his body hitting the ground with a thump.

Sean couldn't understand it. Why do they do this? What on earth has he done to them? All he wants is to get through the day without some random kid calling him a 'gay cunt', or 'bipolar freak'. Why him? Why this? He never asked for this...

He tried to get up but instead, he received a mighty kick to the stomach which kept him grounded, rolling onto his stomach. He slid his hands beneath his body and attempted to prop himself up but a heel dug itself into his lower back and forced him back down, the person standing on him. The weight removed itself for a split second before it returned, ten times harder. They were jumping on him. Again and again and again.

It soon reached a point where he could hardly feel anything, wanting nothing more than to scream and cry. He withheld his tears, it seems every time he shows that kind of weakness, they mock him more for it. Then, all he could see was red, his fear and sadness switched like a light, to pure rage.

He rolled over and kicked the boys leg as he landed on the ground, knocking him off his feet. Sean climbed on top of him and threw his fists at the boy's face and throat, not taking a second to hesitate. The chanting around them faded into a shocked silence, however, the chanting only continued to ring through Sean's mind, but with different words. Kill kill kill!

A whistle broke the silence and a teacher rushed over. "Alright alright! Break it up! Hey! Kid! Get off! Stop that! Mr McLoughlin! You're killing him!" The male teacher, Mr Burke demanded, wrapping his arms around Sean and lifting him in the air, restraining him. Sean went ballistic.

He screamed, and screamed, demanding to be let go. His voice grew louder and wilder, soon the crowd around them having to cover their ears due to the loudness of his screams, soon the teacher releasing him when Sean clawed at his eyes. Jack quickly climbed to his feet and bolted, tears streaming down his cheeks and his hands covering his ears, trying to get rid of the chanting that bounced off the walls of his mind.

He ran off the school grounds and away from the area, running towards town in blind hysterics. He crossed over the bridge and ran along the side, rushing down next to the lake. He knew no one was running after him anymore, but he didn't care, he still ran. His sprint narrowed down to a jog, then halting to a stop, his shoulders heaving.

He hung his head so that his chin was against his chest, dropping to his knees and slouching over, curling himself into a ball and weeping. He cried and cried until he had no more tears left to shed. Why me?

________________

"You've got to stop this Sean! It's getting seriously out of hand! You could have killed that boy! We know you're trying to claim dominance or whatever but this has gone far enough!" His father bellowed at the young 13 year old, the boy trembling as he cowered under their intimidating figures.

"I-I... I don't mean for this to happen!"

"Then stop doing this for Christ sake Sean! Can't you just be normal!?"

"I can't control it! I promise I didn't mean it! I just got so angry... I had to defend myself!"

"Defend yourself? You hit him first!"

"That's bullshit! He started hitting me! They were chanting for it! I never start these fights!" Sean rose his voice but cowered when his father swung to hit him but stopped, pulling away. "Don't lie!"

"I'm not fucking lying!" Sean screamed, this time his mother taking action and striking him. "Go to your room Sean!"

After arguing a bit more, Sean flipped them off and stormed to his bedroom. He slammed the door and leaned back on the surface, covering his face with his hands as he sobbed. You're a disgrace. A failure! Gay cunt! Abnormal freak! Bipolar bitch!

"Stop", he whimpered as he covered his ears in attempt to silence the voices. They never wanted you, freak. They don't love you. Who would?

"That's not true! There's someone for everyone! There's someone who'll love me!" Sean declared boldly but shied when they laughed at him.

Pathetic! You're full of shit fantasies! No one could ever love a freak like you!

He shook his head and curled into a ball, crying himself to sleep as per usual.

No one could ever love a freak like you.

____________________

There'll be more.