Almost a Breakup

This one shot was requested by @Paris_France_2016 with a specific Treddy storyline. I hope you like it!

Tomika's POV
10 years after seventh grade
****************************

"This could be the most special date of your life!" Summer squealed as she put more loose curls in my hair.

"I know! Do you think that my outfit will be ok?" I asked, turning around to look up at my best friend.

"It's perfect! It's so you, I promise he'll love it. "

"I'm just really nervous."

"I'm nervous for you! But I'm positive that everything will go just right." She said, unraveling the hot wand from my hair. She ran her fingers through my hair a few times and put it in front of my shoulders. "Alright, perfect. You hair is done." She smiled.

I stood up to face my best friend. "Do you think that Freddy will propose?"

Summer put her hands on my shoulders."I'm positive he will." I sat back down on the vanity stool. "What's wrong?" Summer asked.

"What if I can't say yes?"

Summer got level with me. "Tomiks," she hasn't called me that in years, "You will say yes. You love Freddy and Freddy loves you. I felt the same way about saying yes to Ethan, but look how happy we are. It's been a year and we couldn't be more in love. The same will happen to you and Freddy."

"Thanks Summer," I said, tears brimming my eyes as I hugged her.

"Now go put on your dress, he's going to be here soon."

I nodded and got up. I put on my dress. The dress was black, and it went just past my knees. It was long sleeved, but the sleeves were lace and the dress was covered in unnoticable lace. I matched it with a pair of black pumps and put my phone, a mint, and some money in a black clutch. I came out of the bathroom. Summer swooned.

"Ah! My best friend is so beautiful!" She gushed, wiping away a fake tear.

I hugged her again. "Thanks for all your help."

"Always." She hugged back. There was a knock on my apartment door. I pulle dout of the hug.

"He's here."

I ran down the hall and flung open the door. Freddy was holding a huge bouquet of roses. I let him in and he kissed my cheek.

"You look amazing, Tomika." he smiled. He was wearing the classic black tux.

"As do you." I beamed.

"Thanks, These are for you." He said, handing me the roses.

"This is so sweet of you!" I kissed him and went into the kitchen to put the roses in vase. I came back out moments later.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

He took my hand and led to his truck. He helped me climb into passenger seat and then he closed the door behind me.

Te rise to the restaurant was silent. You could tell that the air was awkward. he was either going to propose or break up with me. I walked into the restaurant. And we took our seats. Freddy had made a reservation.

I ordered the steak. So did Freddy. We made small talk and ate our food. We didn't talk about anything exciting.

At this point I was positive that this was a breakup until Freddy got down on one knee.

"Tomika Spencer-Williams. Will you marry me?"

"Yes."