The Fight for Summer

This one shot was requested by @124057kog with a great plot in mind! I hope you like it!

Third Person POV
eighth grade
*****************

"Zack," Mr. Finn said. They were all standing around ready to play a song. "Can you go grab my guitar pick? It's on my desk."

"Sure." Zack said.

He walked over the desk and Summer turned form the chalkboard on which she was writing on. "I've got it Mr. Finn." Summer said.

Both Summer and Zack reached for the guitar pick at the same time. Their hands touched.

Zack felt something surge through him. Something he never felt before.

He didn't understand why Summer wasn't pulling away. Neither did Summer. And, as if they read each other's minds, they let go at the same moment and Zack snatched the pick up. He flashed a nervous smile at Summer. And walked back to his spot.

And through the whole song Zack couldn't stop thinking about Summer.

So, he decided to do something about it.

After school, he went over to Summer.

"Hey Summer."

"Hi Zack!"

"Do you maybe want to go out with me?"

"Today?"

"I guess..."

"Sounds great! What time and where?"

"I guess at the movies at 6:15."

"Sounds perfect! See you there!" Summer smiled and walked away. Zack sighed at her beauty.

Little did he knew that Freddy had heard the whole conversation. And Freddy liked Summer too.

***

The date went perfectly. They and a lot of fun. Summer even gave Zack a kiss on the cheek at the end. He blushed all night and he felt so confident in himself, that he decided that he would ask Summer to be his girlfriend the next day.

And the next day he did. After school the next day he went up to Summer.

"Summer, would you want to be my girlfriend?" He came said right away. Why stall it any longer? He thought to himself.

"I really would Zack, but Freddy already asked me. And I said yes." She said. "I'm really sorry."

Zack boiled with anger. He turned around to see Freddy standing there with an evil grin.

"How could you ask out my girlfriend?" Freddy asked.

"How was I supposed to know she was your girlfriend!"

"Because we're best friends. And you just broke the bro code." Freddy said. He couldn't hold his anger in any longer. He popped Zack with his fist, right in the eye. Freddy laughed when Zack kicked him in the shin. Freddy threw two more punches, Zack avoided one and he other made contact with his mouth. The pinches escalated to an all out brawl. Summer gasped and wanted to stop it, but she was sort of enjoying it. But by the time she escaped from her thoughts, the boys were already on the floor punching and kicking each other.

Freddy pinned Zack to the ground and punched him so hard that it knocked Zack out.

Freddy stood up and wiped the blood from his nose. He smiled at Summer.

She gave a weak smile back, and she was happy that Freddy won, but she couldn't help but feel bad for Zack.