Special Thanksgiving One-Shot

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's a special one-shot for ya'll!

Third Person POV
twelve years after seventh grade
******************************

Summer set the last spot at the table with a plate, silverware, a glass, and a napkin. She had arranged everything perfectly. She heard the oven beep and she ran over to the kitchen to get the turkey out, after all the guests were going to be here soon.

She quickly set the turkey on the table as the door bell rang. She took off her oven mitts and and straightened her short-sleeved brown suede dress. Her hair had been curled and styled, her hair was much shorter than it used to be, it was at her shoulders now. As she ran to the door, her high-heeled ankle boots clicked on the floor. She opened the door to reveal her best friend, Tomika. Tomika was wearing aztec print leggings with a cream chunky cable-knit sweater with nude flats. She left her hair down and it flowed nicely over her shoulders. She was holding an apple pie in her hands. Summer grabbed the pie and enveloped Tomika in a hug.

"I'm so glad you can make it!" Summer almost cried.

"Me too."

They broke apart, "Is anyone else here yet?" Tomika asked.

"No, you're the first," Summer smiled, "I thought you were bringing your boyfriend."

"I did, he's just trying to find a place to park the car."

"Hello?" And unfamiliar voice asked

"Come in the kitchen, babe." Tomika yelled.

A tall guy with dirty blonde hair and a plate of green beans in his hands walked into the kitchen.

"Summer this is Brayden, Brayden is Summer."

The two shook hands.

"Thanks you so much for inviting me over. It's very nice to meet you."

"Very nice to meet you too."

Summer took the tray from his hands and set it on the table.

"You guys are welcome to sit down at the table, can I get you anything to drink?" Summer asked as the two took seats right next to each other.

"I'll just have a water for now." Tomika said.

"Me as well."

"Ok," summer said. She took their glasses out of their place and brought them over to the fridge where she filled them up. She brought them back to the table just as the door bell rang.

Summer ran towards the door, stopping to check her bright red lipstick in the mirror before answering.

She opened the door, and Zack was there. He was holding a bowl of mashed potatoes.

"Zack!" Summer screeched. She grabbed the food from his hands and set it on the counter. She engulfed him with a huge hug before telling him to go to the kitchen/ dining room and take a seat at the table. She brought the mashed potatoes to the kitchen and set them in the table. The door bell rang.

Zack, Tomika, and Brayden all exchanged pleasantries as Summer opened the door to find Lawrence, and his wife, Esme. Esme carried a bowl of Stuffing and Lawrence carried a bottle of wine.

"Come on in, come on in!" She said, she stepped aside to let them in.

"Wow, Summer. Your home is really beautiful, I love what you've done with the place." Esme commented, taking off her coat.

"That is so sweet. Come on, everyone is in the dining room."

Summer led the couple to the dining room.