Strange days

Strange days

"There is something going on in that class Asano-kun. The students there, their fate has changed and the superiors want you in record of their activities." Rilliane's works echoes in the young boy's mind.

This day cannot possibly become stranger than it is now. After arriving at his father's or rather the Chairman's office. The man of course took the chance to belittle his son for losing his number one spot. The results of the exam had been released and Gakushu Asano was placed in the second spot. 'Really' Gakushu thought, he should get use to the 'strangeness' and stop expecting anything to be normal anymore because;

One he is a Grim Reaper.

Two his... Colleagues are an interesting bunch.

Even after Gakushu Asano had died years ago, his personality stayed the same, he is a very competitive person. He was prideful as many would agree, but unlike the lead-up to his suicide where his life felt empty, and he felt as though he had nothing but his accomplishments. He at least has some moral support from his peers in the Grim Reaper department. Although Gakushu can be stubborn when it came to making bonds- it took him 6 months to even call Rilliane his friend instead of senior after being taught by her and her eccentric colleagues.

One was a Stasi officer with a love for whiskey and another was a KGB officer vodka who was always drinking vodka. The two have some interesting hobbies which Rilliane also took part. But no matter their eccentricities, they were intelligent so Gakushu found them interesting to talk to.

"You will go join Class E tomorrow." The Chairman said to him and without and once of sympathy. As soon as those words were uttered to him, 'Task one completed' Gakushu thought to himself. He would have to tell the other reapers of his story but first, he had to act as pissed off as his father expected to be.

"You can't be serious!" Gakuhu yelled, his violet eyes lit ablaze while he clenched his fist in attempt to control his anger. He wasn't entirely acting and he was genuinely annoyed, just a little, that he would be thrown into the E class by his own father for such a petty reason. Even if he had been trying to get there purposefully.

"When am I ever anything but serious, Asano? You are going to be our new Class-E student." He replied coldly with a cruel smile. Before Gakushu can make any remark, his father added cruelly "You have been lose more in this year than I have in a decade, I thought you would be better suited in a class for hopeless cases." Even after Gakushu's death, his father always seem to get the best of him, he always knew how to inflame the boy's temper.

Gakushu Asano tried his hardest to maintain his façade of professionalism and appear relatively calm as his father ridicule him. Which is difficult when he wanted to punch the nearest wall.

"At least now you will be in on the secret of Class-E" His father lightly spoke, Gakushu felt a shiver going down from his spine of his father acting so... fatherly? As much as he wanted his father to act what they are supposed to do, it feels so wrong with this man...

"So you are hiding something Chairman." He said and with a smirk, "And what makes you think that I won't use this against you?"

The Chairman chuckled, "Because then you would be committing a serious crime by spreading international secrets, of course." This secret must be huge if it was considered an international secret! What one earth could it be? Gakushu was going to tell his superiors anyway, of course. This was Grim Reaper matter and not human matter. What had he and his father gotten themselves into?

Not that anyone else knows but Gakushu's watch is actually a voice recorder and transmitter. Thank you for Grim Reaper's fast developing and convenient technology.