Short Story: Home-Deco

Home-deco

The practices of the relationship between a main senior and a newly arrived reaper is to stay at the former's apartment room for the first two or three weeks to help get the junior settled in. Afterwards, the junior can get their own apartment room and the chance to customised it with whatever they want with any sort of furniture and feature.

Currently, James is going through a crisis.

He was flipping through the IKEA catalogue for any inspiration to furnish his room, or to even change the entire layout. He wasn't satisfied of how his room looked, how the room wasn't fitting to his person. The bathroom was fine, the kitchen was getting there but the bed-room and living definitely needed some work. He couldn't properly describe why it felt so out of place, it just did. He couldn't help but think back to all of his friends and their apartment rooms.

Ikeda's room resonance with the pure essences of class. The dark green-emerald wallpaper, the marron rug, the green-glassed lamps and the regal furniture like his posh leather counch or his mahogany coffee table with an olive ash banding and bevelled glass. James should also mention that the man has his own personal bar. The dim-lighting gives the lounge room an aura of sexiness. Even his coat rack looked really fancy!

Gakushu was well-known within the Department for having his infamous sweet-tooth. This matched with his apartment, the yellow cream wallpaper, decorated with various plushies, and a surprising amount of strawberry themed products. His bookshelf is filled with books from graphic novels to dessert books to dictionaries and language books. A modern kitchen with a long marble counter and barstools on the side, a Hello Kitty rug fashioned in his living room which matched with his white corner couch. A spiral staircase that leads up to his bedroom.

An was a bit of a mother-bear, which was a bit of an understatement. She followed with more of a homey aesthetic for her apartment room, photos plastered around the place, with some pastel pink floral wallpaper, a Hemmes furniture set and fake plants in every room. Whether James would come in, he would almost always be engulfed with the smell of home-made fresh pastries and cakes.

Mark has- "Dude, seriously? There is nothing wrong with your room." Mark exclaimed exasperatedly. He looked up from his IKEA monthly catalogue booklet. They were in Mark's room and specifically his living room, he followed with the more urban and modern look with industrial touches; brick walls painted white, polished oak wooden floors, movie posters framed and hanged. His furniture mainly consists of black, grey, dark navy blues and white.

The man was hundled up in his retro-styled chair, it has high-track arms, it was upholstered in a rich charcoal fabric without rounded and tapered legs. His eyes rested over his bent glass coffee table.

"You say that because you have a nice set up." James answered with a grumble, he eyed at the pin-up board behind the computer system, it was covered in memos, motivation notes and memes. It told some much of Mark's humour and his fun personality.

"Have you not seen at my room?"

And Mark had, it was really organised and neat. Not a frame uncrooked and not a speck of dust to be found. "Yeah, it is really neat and organised." He remarked, and yet he could still feel the judging eyes of James.

To make his point, James opened Mark's fridge that was covered in magnets he collected over the years. The man was still confused as he stared at his friend, James let out an annoyed sigh as he got up from Mark's retro, chic and suede black couch and he made his way over to the kitchen.

James opened the fridge and music started to pay with lights in a multitude of colours blared out like it was a rave party. James closed the fridge, the lightshow and music stopped, he opened it again and it played again, then he closed it again. He did this several time as he looked dead in the eye at Mark.