My first friend

My first friend

Today was Sunday now, and Gakushu sat in the backyard, soaking in the morning sun. He had a white sheet surround his body that only left his head uncovered.

The strawberry blonde boy found that his hair was getting too long for his liking, so Gretel suggested to cut it for him. If it was any other person, Gakushu would had said no, but this was Gretel, and he trust her in her skills.

As Gretel got into her work, she attempted to make some small talk with Gakushu to pass the time. "I won't be here for half of the day because I'm struck with counter duty at the Lyrics Bar." She sighed, sad that she couldn't spend her day with her 'little brother', "I got retrieval shifts before that as well."

"I can take it over." Gakushu with no hesitation, as he really has nothing to do today.

"Are you sure?" Gretel asked as she made another snip with her scissor. She already knew Gakushu's answer being the 'elder sister' that she was but she liked to ask anyway.

"I have nothing else do." Gakushu bluntly replied as he tried to act as the Chairman's son, but it only had made Gretel laugh instead. The face that he was making was more of a pout then a scowl.

"Can we eat out for dinner tonight?" Gretel said, she made another cut with her scissors. "Sundays are too boring."

Sundays weren't always the best for Gakushu or the group. Rilliane would always be struck in meetings, Lucia was stuck with teaching, Wolfie would be doing his usual tings and Ivan the unluckiest one, had paperwork duties in all sorts of fields. Gakushu didn't even mention the retrieval shifts they had as well.

Arthur was in the living room writing a new song as he waited for Gretel to be done.

"Reaper run?" Gakushu asked.

"Reaper run." Gretel nodded.

"Okay, their food was always better." Gakushu exclaimed, he had some high standards for his desserts after all.

"I'm done Gakushu-kun." Gretel walked to the nearby table to place her scissor down and grabbed a rectangular mirror. She then handed it to show Gakushu her work. "What do you think?"

Gakushu held the mirror and sparkles surround the boy as he marvelled at Gretel works. That was enough for Gretel to know that he loves it. The sparkles he was radiating was the same amounts of happiness whenever he ate cake.

His strawberry blonde hair was now cut slightly short with the front of his bangs that covered his forehead was now layered. His hair no longer had his hair covered the right side of his face but was now evenly spaced to show more of his eyes.

Gretel swiftly took off the cover that surroundrf Gakushu and all the snipped hair flew off. He soon stood up from his seat and ruffled his hands through his newly cut hair.

"Thank you Gretel." Gakushu faced the blonde reaper with a bright smile on his face, his violet eyes sparkling and his cheeks flushing the colour of cherry blossoms.

"I'm glad you like it, Gakushu-kun." Gretel flashed a grin back as she held her smart-phone in her hand. "I'm sending you today's retrieval list." Gakushu's phone started to vibrate to signal that he had received the message. She quickly took out a broom and swiped the hair into the dust bin.

"Looking good there Asano-kun." Arthur said, popping his head outside, and Gakushu felt his ears going a bit red and muttered his thanks.

"Be sure to lock out the door when you go out." Arthur reminded the boy.