Short Story: Chocolat

Chocolat

When Ren had finally joined Candy Fest, it was the most strangest experience... Probably because he wasn't used of Gakushu being a Cinnamon Roll just yet.

Gakushu had a lot to tell about in the Lyrics Bar to Rilliane. It was to mainly discuss about Ritsu and whether if her advancement was too near to current Grim Reaper technology. It was unsure if Ritsu was going to be destroyed as the Department doesn't know the full extent of her advancement. They came to the conclusion that Gakushu must obtained a sample of Ritsu for testing purposes.

Gakushu also had reported that Ritsu was able to scan bodies, if the Department sets out to eliminate 'her' then it has to be someone not already stationed here in Kunugigaoka town which also include Gakushu.

He had already received the mission for tomorrow, after telling Rilliane that Ritsu also lives as a phone app, Gakushu would receive a replica of his phone to download Ritsu. Afterschool, he would deliver the phone to the Department where it will be tested by the scientific side of the organisation.

Nearing the end of the little meeting with his senior and friend, he received a phone from Ren, asking where the Strawberry blonde was.

"Hello, sorry I wasn't with you after school Ren. I was busy with a small errand." Gakushu replied shyly, Rilliane took a photo of his flushed face. She had to stiffen a giggle, she was glad that Gakushu was back with Ren again.

It took her three months after to found out that Gakushu made his first 'human' friend when he went back to the human realm for his dispatch. It was only when Gakushu was talking about Ren during his nightly shifts of soul collecting with Rilliane. He was telling how Ren was similar to Rilliane in their passions for the arts.

She teased the boy. "This Ren sounds like your first friend." She pinched his soft cheeks, she remembered of how she missed doing this to Allen. 'So soft.' She was in blessed and Gakushu was struggling to pull off Rilliane's gesture.

Gakushu had his face as red as a tomato when he admitted that Ren was his first friend. Rilliane held a blank smile on her face when Gakushu confessed afterwards. Gakushu stared up to Rilliane and waved his hand in front of her face.

"Rilliane?" Gakushu muttered, he worryingly watched Rilliane who remained unresponsive.

Rilliane spent the rest of the night cursing at the blonde English reapers for keeping her out of the circle. She was Gakushu's mother god damn it! She ratted them out and obtained the holy picture of the moment when Gakushu became friends with Ren.

"Of course I'm coming, I was just getting some cake." Gakushu exclaimed and ended the call. Rilliane was already prepared and gave the boy two boxes of cake. One was strawberry shortcake and the other was blueberry cheesecake.

Gakushu happily thanked the hazel haired reaper and left the room, he left for the gym that happened to be reaper run.

Rilliane sat back down on the couch, she sighed heavily as she waited for Thomas to come. She looked back on the photo she saved on her phone, the picture of Ren and Gakushu of their first year at middle school. She felt a tingling warm inside of her, seeing that Gakushu made his first friend.

She looked to Ren back before he had his current hair style, back when his hazel brown hair was long yet neat. She mentally thanked him for staying by Gakushu's side. Although something nagged to Rilliane.

Why does he looks so familiar?

"I'm here." Gakushu shouted as he walked into the gym where Gretel and Arthur were supposed to be overseeing Ren's performance. "I got some cake."