Short Story: That one test...

That one test...

Rilliane was never smart on math or science but she tries at least.

When Gakushu was 13 years old, he tutors his senior and friend in the fields of Math and Science.

Rilliane is a senior to Gakushu by almost 6 years in terms of experience, her usual attire is a black suit that perfectly highlight her waist and chest. Her white collar shirt buttoned high and completing it is a black tie. Her long almond-brown hair flow freely with its length reaching down to her waist.

"Not again." Rilliane cried as she receives her test papers back, in the Grim Reaper Department you have classes like any other normal schools in the human world. But here it is done mainly to;

One is get into a specific division like the Forensics Division where obviously the sciences are needed.

Two to those who died young to get the experience of what they missed back when they were human.

Three is for the sake of it, it is going to be a long time before the day of forgiveness comes so what else to spend the huge amounts of free-time. Especially when the Department is overflowing with young reapers that soul collecting has been split to give everyone the best amounts of experiences.

Rilliane usually spends her time either writing literature, doing arts and craft, paint, read manga, play games, teaching young reapers, using her keys to go to other departments like the French or American one and tending to meetings or conferences. Adding on the list is to see how Gakushu is going after his school day ended.

She looks down at her vectors test marked and graded with 39%, she signed as she prepared herself to go to the paper room to shred her failures. 'How did Allen do this?'

Who's Allen? Allen was Rilliane's little brother she remembers fondly. He was a splitting image of Rilliane with almond brown hair but her some odd reason, she doesn't remember what eye colour she once had as a human.

She remembers how cute he was and how smart he was in almost everything, both in the arts and the academics. She felt complete then with her younger brother but the control of her parents drove her to commit suicide.

'I think he was 7 then?' Rilliane pondered to distract herself from the test results.

When Grim Reapers are reborn from humans who committed suicide, some do not have all of their memories or none of their previous memories whatsoever. Gakushu was one of the prime example who retain majority if not all of his memories.

Why of all things that Rilliane can't remember is her human eye colour that probably her little brother Allen too possesses? All it does is adding insult to our injuries or to our punishments.

It had been a mystery since she was reborn as a Grim Reaper as punishment of her suicide, of all things she had forgotten. She just can't remember the eyes she once possesses, it wouldn't bother her so much if that it wasn't connect to her brother's eyes as well.

Does this mean that Allen too had the same colour as Rilliane's human eyes? Because of that, she can't remember his face anymore. When she try to create a mental image of her brother, there always seem to be a black mask covering his face.

In her state of thinking, she didn't noticed a person walking in front of her and accidently bumps into that someone causing her to drop her papers she was about to shred and burn. It was Gakushu she bumped into who came in the department to mainly grab his belongings.

"Ah Gakushu-chan!" And before Rilliane react or can pick up her papers, the strawberry-blonde boy already picked up her graded test. As Gakushu scanned through the paper, Rilliane started to cry and snot came dripping down.