Short Story: Death Scroll

Some random fluffy and light moments from our favourite casts of reapers as we dive into their social media in between the main chapters and past. I mainly wrote this to help lighten up the angst from the last two short story. 

Death Scroll essentially the Department's version of Instagram.

Made by reapers for reapers.

LINE

Death Scroll

Gakushu's phone won't stop buzzing. It kept pinging with notifications non-stop as he tried to go through his student council meetings. Outwardly he was calm and posed, inwardly he was screaming from embarrassment.

Eventually he couldn't take it anymore. He looked up to the room. "My apologies, could you excuse me for a moment to check my phone?"

"No, no! It's fine Asano-kun." One of the female members said flushily. "We were about to head for a break anyway."

Gakushu flashed her a polite smile, setting down his papers and went to check on his phone.

"He is really busy." One of the female council members whispered, watching in awe of her senior.

"Do you think it could be requests from students to tutor them?"

"Could be people begging him to be on their sports team?" A male student chimed in.

"Maybe its love confessions!?" One student squealed, with it all the other girls squealed as they shyly eyed back to the strawberry blonde. Some of the boys looked to him with envy, it was not surprising when Gakushu has consistently ranked first for the most desired boy in school. One of the male students swear that Gakushu Asano is cute when you look at a certain angle. Not that he would admit to anyone as he goes through his gay crisis.

But it really wasn't none of those things. All the notifications were just them tagging him over on Death Scroll. So many reapers kept D-Ming him with links the same video. He had a bad feeling about this, and he logged in to see what the commotion was, and it all linked back to Ikeda's post.

'... Ikeda.' Gakushu could help but internally darkly growl his name. He could already feel the migraine that was about to come and the sudden craving for strawberry short cake.

Over in Ikeda's account, under the username 'reisfield', his latest post was quickly gaining traction.

It was a screenshot of a fish from that cartoon almost everyone loves to watch, with the caption of 'chocolate' in all caps. But it had a cut-out of Gakushu's head instead. It was even funny because it was his profile picture with a deadpan and stoic expression. To add to it all, he tagged Gakushu. It gathered had already over a 1000 likes within the first 20 minutes and growing every-time the post was refreshed.

'coffeeaddict @strawberry_boi I see no difference.'

'reisfield @coffeeaddict RIGHT!?!?!?!?'

'hoshiyoshi WOW, I'm surprised nobody made this reference until now.'

'novanaps @strawberry_boi this is actually you, don't lie.'

'whiterussian_iv @strawberry_boi I can't unsee it.'

'whiskeybonbons @strawberry_boi forgive me, for now I can't unsee it.'

're_marked @strawberry_boi CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

'spanishtomato @strawberry_boi you have to do it now, you have to say chocolate.'