Short Story: Traffic Jam

Traffic Jam

"Why am I here again?" Gakushu asked as they drove through the State of Florida.

"Well, I thought it would be a great time for some bonding time Shu~" Ikeda said, not looking at the boy and kept his eyes on the road.

"It's Gakushu." He lost count of how many times that he had to correct the man. God, he hated when that man uses that nickname of his. He ignored the sounds of the male's annoying whines.

"Not my fault that the Department decided that I was there go-to-man whenever you have an assignment in the States." Ikeda pouted.

"You mean legal guardian." Gakushu's chartreuse phosphorescent eyes twitched with annoyance, he still wondered how in the fuck did Ikeda became his legal guardian near the start of the school year. It just didn't sound right, or feels right.

"And I think it is a great idea. Good work on the paperwork for that by the way." And Gakushu did do the legal documentation. There was a bitter aftertaste when the Department declared that Ikeda would that guardian. Of all people, it just had to be him. He swore that Karma somehow cursed him.

"Come one Shu, be nice. I have a long-term assignment after this break of yours."

The strawberry blonde crossed his arms. "Good riddance." Gakushu darkly grumbled. He should had brought ear-muffs to silence the sounds of the man's whines and fake-cries.

"At least we are not stuck at the Office. We had many adventures in the field of paper and dead trees." Ikeda sniffed as he wiped away the stray fake tear.

'Don't remind me.' Gakushu blanched from the many mishaps of Grell that the Department has to clean up, recently the red head reaper managed to misplace the whereabouts of demons. He had questions. How was that even possible? Demons, especially hibernating demons who didn't knew that the rules were changed in the past century would always be in a top-priority list.

It messed up Gakushu's school holiday. He was just having a wonderful time in Tokyo, he got to visit several cafes and dined in many sweets. He got to buy some décor to furnish his room back in the Department, he even went and see all the animal theme cafes. Cat Cafes, like Cat Café MOCHA, Bird café Asakusa, dog cafes such as Dog Heart, etc and etc.

He had a great time at the Kit-Kat Chocolatery. He was happy to know that after his battle over the skyscrapers of Tokyo against a high-level demon, that Grell had his ribs cracked by an angry horde of disgruntled Office workers, which included An and Antonio at their time during their shift. Ikeda would had been in the horde, if not for him heroically dashing and rushing out to Tokyo to help Gakushu that was later called as the 'Tokyo incident'.

Gakushu decided to stay quiet for the duration of the car-ride. He would be best for him he figured after he just came out from the Medical Ward after getting his chest slashed by a Death Scythe. A moment for some down-time, and he also figured it was best for Ikeda's ribs. He watched the scenery as they drove by, he felt somewhat content with Ikeda humming and tapping to the steering wheel in the background.

He wasn't going to admit that he was going to miss Ikeda for months on end when the man eventually goes off. Ikeda wasn't going to let down on him for all of eternity.

LINE

"Ikeda, I'm bored. Absolutely down right bored." Of all times that Gakushu decided to low-key forget to charge his phone, the pair were struck in the most chaotic and heavy traffic jam Gakushu had ever laid witnessed upon. It would be uncharacteristic of him to forget such a task, but after just recovering from a slash to the chest by a Death Scythe wielded by a half-crazed human girl driven by vengeance. Or what much of the Department stationed around Tokyo and also Kungigaoko Town like to dub it as the 'Tokyo incident'.