What I Want

Scorpius's POV

"Wait here," Rose said, as they reached the Fat Lady's portrait.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

"I need to get something," she said. "I'll be back. Don't go anywhere."

She slipped behind the portrait before it banged shut behind her.

$$$

Rose's POV

"Rose?" Albus said when I came through the portrait hole.

"Albus, can you do me a favour?" I asked.

"How was your study session?" Roxanne asked smugly, earning a laugh from Lily and a weird look from Albus.

"Of course," he replied, deciding to pay Roxanne no further heed. "What do you need?"

"The Marauder's Map."

He blinked, "What? Why?"

I sighed, "It's complicated. I just need to sneak off with someone without anyone knowing."

"You what?" Albus stared at me in shock. "You're sneaking off with someone?"

I slapped a hand over my mouth, "No! I didn't mean it like -"

"So where is he?" Fred asked with a smug smile. "Or are you doing it in his dorm?"

"Shut up!" I said frantically, a wild blush spreading across my face, "That's not what I meant!"

"Then what do you mean?" Albus asked.

I chewed on my lip, "It's hard to explain," She swatted her arms up hastily, cheeks warming against her will. "I don't have time for this! Albus, I beg you, the map."

Albus loosed a sigh through his nose, eyes suddenly wary.  He muttered, "I'm really too tired to investigate. The map's in my chest."

"Thank you," I said quickly, darting into the boys dormitory and swinging open Albus's chest.

"Rose?"

I turned to see Hugo lying on his bed staring at me, "What are you doing?"

"No time to explain," I said, rummaging through all his stuff. "Where is that damn map ..."

I shoved aside a textbook and finally caught sight of an empty parchment, stuck underneath one of Albus's weird ornaments.  I released a cry out loud, "Aha! Finally!" I grabbed the parchment, careful not to rip it, and slipped it safely into the air.  I raced out of the room without another word to Hugo.

I hurried across the common room, ignoring Albus, Fred, Roxanne and Lily as their eyes bored into the back of my head.

As I opened the portrait door, I turned around.  They were all watching me, eyes wide and expectant.

I took great satisfaction in answering them nothing but a curt, "Good night," and closing the portrait door shut behind me.  They deserved that.