Pluto

Scorpius's POV

     I stalked through the dark halls, the only light available coming from the pale tip of my wand.

     After everyone had recovered, we decided that the best solution was to leave everyone in the empty pool and find everyone else as fast as we could before apparating away.

     "Keep it down," I whispered behind me to the Hogwarts students who looked like they would jump at the sight of a shadow. 

     "Excuse me... Mr. Malfoy?"

     Without stopping I turned to look at the stumbling third year and almost faltered. Her hair was a mob of red hair but her eyes were a scaly green. The freckles across her face were more scattered, messily spread across her nose and more definite than Rose's.

But still, the similarities were uncanny.

"Is there actually an escape plan or are you just making this up off the top of her head?" The girl criticized blandly.

     My God, she's exactly like Rose.

An aching sense of loss filled me as I thought her name but I quickly forced it away. The last thing I needed was distraction.

"Which one would you think sounds more likely?" I asked her, just as a hard voice sounded in front of us.

"Crucio!"

The redhead let out a cry as she fell to her hands and knees in pain, making my head snap towards the darkness.

I whipped out my wand and waited, but the silence dragged.

"Crucio!"

"Protego!" I yelled, watching the curse bounce straight back at the man in the shadows.

There was a grunt of shock before leather jacketed figure fell to the ground in static pain.

Silence.

I quickly whirled around to see the seven kids I had picked up from a cell and pressed a finger to my lips before turning and running down the hall, everyone at my heels.

     I had made this trip a few times already.  Left, right, left, left. 

     As I made my way into the fifteenth hallway, I stopped halfway through and grabbed at a broken slab of stone on the ground that fit perfectly in its place.

     I quickly lifted the slab to find a hole, able to fit one body, the end of the hole crowded with panicked students ... 12 feet below on flat glass.

     Spotting Charles in the crowd, trying to soothe everyone (Potter easily at his heels) I called out his name.

     "Zabini!"

     Charles's head snapped and I quickly turned towards the Rose-lookalike.  Her eyes looked lost and still recovering from the cruciatus curse but she could walk.

     "You first," I said as soothing as those words could get, pulling her gently towards the hole.

     She looked down at the large wand-brightened room and a nauseated look overcame her face.

Merlin, maybe she IS a Weasley.

    "Are you scared?" I asked her, surprised at how gentle my own voice was. I didn't have time for this. I needed to get everyone safe.

     Though I didn't say it, I thought she knew it too.

     "No," she answered, trying to sound calm as she shut her eyes.