Preparation

Rose's POV

"No!" I bellowed, my cheeks glowing red.

"Oh, come on! You'll look fine," Lily snapped, rolling her eyes.

"I will wear no such thing!"

"Rose, relax. It's just a bralet," Roxanne said, taking hold of my shoulders and starting to steer me towards Lily, who was holding out a black lace bralet.

"Come on, Rose. Be a brave a girl and try this on."

"No way," I said firmly, planting my heels into the ground as Roxanne tried to push me forward.

"You have to wear it, if you want to pull off your costume."

"I said I wanted to be Dracula!" I exclaimed in disbelief. "Not a harlot!" The first time I had told them what Dracula was, they had thought it was stupid. But THEN they HAD to go on the internet and find pictures of girls wearing tube tops and fishnet stockings.

"There was a whole digital book on Goggle that gave us the clothes to wear for your muggle costume," Lily turned around and pulled a swishy black cloak with a hardened collar from her open trunk, pressing it against herself. "and what better combination to go with a cloak then a bralet?"

I snorted, "It's Google.  And the only cloak I would wear with a bralet is Albus's Invisibility Cloak."

"JUST TRY IT!!!" Roxanne and Lily yelled, starting to shove me towards the bathroom.

Before I could protest they had slammed the door shut in my face, leaving me and the bralet alone.

Angry and annoyed, I thought of throwing the bralet out the circular window just to irritate them. A moment later, I thought better of it.

I started to undo my tie, taking my sweet time to slip through the complicated folds. The bralet lay brooding on the ground, glaring up at me. I returned the glare. For a moment I wondered if Lily and Roxanne had bothered to get a magic bralet that actually had eyes.

They will pay for this.

$$$

I stared for a Long time at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, eyes wide with horror. Too tight. Too much skin. Too low. What the bloody hell were Lily and Roxanne thinking?

     My mouth curled in disgust as I tried desperately to yank down the edge of the so-called-top.

"Rose?"A sharp knock rapped on her door. Lily. Come on, we have four hours and Roxanne and I need to dress up too."

     "In what?" I shouted, still trying to adjust the bralet. 

     "That's none of your business," Lily rebutted, in a tone that told me it was a surprise.  I wondered what her costume would be.

      "If you don't have anything..." I swung the door open. "You can wear this."

     Lily stood silent for a moment, studying me.

     "How is it?" Roxanne walked over and stood next to Lily.

      For a moment I thought they were going to confess that it was absolutely revolting and they would never make me wear that in a decade, (because I certainly wouldn't).  They had eyes, didn't they? But then Lily clapped her hands and a delighted smile bloomed across her face.