Love Is Complicated

A/N
DO NOT WATCH VIDEO UNTIL ASKED TO!!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH IT OR NOTHING WILL MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BE DEPRIVED OFF YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!

$$$

Scorpius's POV

Scorpius,
Work will pull out a bit late today.  Might not make it home for dinner, but if u want there's a recipe in Kamila's book for quesadillas, page 365.  No going out today!!
We love you.
- Mum and Dad

     I blinked, staring hard at the letter in my hand as I started to register what it was saying.

     They aren't coming back for dinner?

     I read it over again just to make sure. Once. Twice. Three times.

     They aren't coming back for dinner, I concluded at last, slapping the letter onto the library table with an exasperated sigh. They can't not come back tonight! They have to meet Rose and think she's so sweet that they can take care of her while I'm getting myself killed at Godrick's Hollow!

     They have to!

     "No, no, no," I muttered, pressing a palm against my forehead. What was I going to tell Rose?

     That was almost too easy: the truth.

     It was also way too hard.

Would she believe me? Would she think I was crazy?? Would she think I was blowing her off or cheating on her even?

     I glanced over my shoulder where I saw Rose leaning against one of the bookshelves, her chocolate brown eyes glued to the pages where an imaginary scene moved before her.

I had to tell her the truth. If I didn't now, she would never know what happened to me ... why I never came back.

I have to tell her.

Looking back down at the letter, I quickly folded it into a small square and tucked it into my pocket.

I slowly made my way over, my mind whizzing with words that were likely to come out of my mouth.

Tell her, just tell her. She needs to know.

I looked down at her and a stabbing pain entered my chest as I stared into her oblivious brown eyes. Her hair was a darker red than usual and hung damp onto her dress. A small smile twitched across her lips.

Would she even care? Would she even blink? Would I ever see her again?

As if sensing me there her eyes flicked upwards and locked on mine.

She grinned.

"Stalking me again?" She teased, closing her book and reaching a hand towards me.

I grabbed her hand into a tight grasp and forced a smirk up my face. It was painful to say the least, "Don't flatter yourself."

She slid her hands up my arms, pulling me closer. Her eyes stared deeply into mine and I knew I had given myself away.

"Are you ... alright?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

She shook her head, examining me, "You just seem ... I don't know, different."

"Is that good or bad?" I asked.

"Good for me, bad for you," she said, repeating my words from the ice rink.