Party Crashers

Scorpius's POV    
     We raced up flights of stairs, before reaching the Head Mistress's office.  The gargoyle didn't move.
     "We need to see Professor McGonagall," I said to it, breathless from running up the stairs.
     "Password."
     "Please, it's urgent," Rose pleaded.
     "Password."
     "Is she in?"
     "Password."
     "There are death eaters in the school!!!" I yelled, angrily. "Let us in!"
     "Mister Malfoy, what is the meaning of this?"
     I whirled around at the sound of the Professor's brisk voice.  Relief washed over my face.
     "Professor," I said slowly. "There are death eaters on school grounds."
     She blinked, "Death eaters?"
     "It's true, we saw one," Rose said. "He was above the pitch."
     "I'm sure you were imagining things," McGonagall said. "There haven't been death eaters at this school for 17 years."
     There was a loud crash, the sound of shattered glass filling my ears.  I heard Rose scream and turned to see a man, wearing the same cloak and silver mask I was wearing.
     McGonagall had her wand out with the flick of her wrist.
     "Incarcerous!"
     The death eater cried out as he was abound with ropes.
     McGonagall stared at his figure before turning to us with wide eyes, "Follow me."
     She started hurrying down the halls, Rose and I at her heels.
     Behind us, I heard the sound of snapping ropes.
     As we hurried on, someone started down the corridor towards us.  It was Professor Flitwick.
     "I heard the sound of shattered glass and -"
     "Secure the castle," McGonagall said under her breath. "There are death eaters in our midst."
     "Death eaters?" Flitwick repeated in shock.
     A black cloud whizzed over us.  From the cloud, another death eater appeared, this time a plump one.
     I took out my wand, "Stupefy!"
     "Protego!" He yelled, forming a shield.
     "Repello!" Flitwick cried and the death eater was thrown against the balcony, yelling as he tipped and fell.
     Flitwick's surprised eyes flickered to Rose and I as if just realizing we were there.
     "The children," McGonagall told him. "Find the children.  I'll warn Horace and -"
     "Wait, Professor," Rose said, drawing everyone's attention. "I think we might know where everyone is."
     I frowned, wondering what she was talking about when my mind clicked.
The party
     "We know," I confirmed. "We'll go warn them."
     "I'll go with you," Flitwick said.
     McGonagall pursed her lips, looking from one face to another, before she turned to me, "Be careful."
     I nodded, before rushing back down the hall, Rose's hand still clasped in mine. 
     I heard Flitwick's footsteps shortly at our heels.
     Our footsteps were heavy against the stairs. As we went, there were more crashes as windows were broken through. Masked faces replaced glass and loud cackles filled the air.
     A black cloud flooded my vision.  I heard Rose scream and her hand being tugged from mine.
     "Bombarda!" I yelled to no one in particular.
     There was a soft explosion in front of us.
     The cloud vanished, in its place lay a coughing death eater.
     "Where's your wand?" I asked Rose as we ran faster.  I heard Flitwick shout spells behind us.
     "It's with Lily," she said apologetically.
    "Its with -" I stopped in my tracks. "Why the hell is it with Potter?"
     "Sectumsempra!" A voice yelled and I ducked, watching the spell whizz overhead.
     "Confringo!" I said back, whirling around briefly but not staying to see if I hit him.
     We rushed up the steps, our breathing quickening with each minute that passed.
     "They're all over the school," Rose said.
     "Don't think, just run," I told her firmly, gripping her hand tighter.  I felt it trembling.
     We had just reached the mid level of the stairway when two death eaters blocked our path.  I turned around to see another three behind us.
     We were surrounded.
     My pulse quickened as I looked at all their grinning masks.  Don't panic, don't panic.  You can do this.  You're a Malfoy!
"It's a good thing we studied Defense Against the Dark Arts," Rose said with a dry laugh.
I didn't laugh back.
     "Get behind me," I muttered to Rose, one hand holding her, one hand twisting my wand cautiously. 
     "Hey, check it out! It's a mudblood!"
     My body went rigid at his words as an undeniable hatred filled me.  I whirled around, "Erecto!"
     "Crucio!" Someone else yelled.
     "Protego!" I said.
     "Impedimenta!" Another person cried.
"Expelliarmus!"
The wand flew out of a death eater's hand. I caught it in mid air, handing it to Rose who looked thankful to be armed.
"Expulso!" She cried.
I looked around and saw some of the death eaters had left the circle. As another ran down the stairs I aimed but Rose beat me to it.
"Glisseo!" She yelled.
The stairs instantly went flat. The death eater cried out as he slide down the ramp, falling on his bottom.
He got up angrily and raised his wand at Rose.
I yanked her behind me.
He frowned, staring at me, his wand hand limp at his side. Why isn't he fighting?
It was a question I didn't need answering.
He took off his mask. It was a middle aged man with growing white at his sideburns and bristles on his chin.
"Malfoy?" He started walking towards me. "Where've you been, man?"
"Petrificus Totalus!" I said.
His arms snapped to his sides, face frozen as he fell on his back with a thump.
It was silent.
"How did he know you?" Rose asked.
"He didn't know me," I said grimly. "He knew my Father."
"It's a good thing you decided to dress as a death eater," She said as we started hurrying down the stairs again.
I laughed derisively, "Better yet, as my father! I might as well be, by the way they stare at me all confused."
It was true. I hadn't missed the confused glances of each opponent I had faced before I fired.
"Come on," I said, seeing Flitwick jerk his chin in dismissal from where he stood fighting. "By the time we get there, it will be too late."
We rushed down the halls, firing spells at the death eaters we passed, praying that we'll warn them in time.  But we both knew there was a very slight chance of that happening ...

$$$

Charles's POV
     I watched as Lily did a twirl in the water.  The music was slightly blurred, but it was still loud enough to hear.
     As I looked around the dance floor once more, I caught sight of a black cloud.
A cloud indoors?
     The small cloud moved over the dance floor and suddenly vanished.  I frowned, searching the dance floor for it.
     When I found it, I realized it wasn't a cloud anymore.  It was a cloaked figure in a silver mask.
Scorpius.
     "Hey, Scor!" I yelled.
     He ignored me, stalking through the crowds of people who didn't seem to have noticed him yet.
     He made a yell over his shoulder.
     Suddenly there were more clouds floating overhead.  I watched as each cloud made its way over to the edges of the room and then transformed into ... more cloaked figures.
Did Scorpius do a doubling spell?
No, my eyes flicked from one figure to another, No, that's not Scorpius.
     Someone screamed.
     A couple of heads turned, but most people ignored it, thinking it was another truck by Scorpius.
     "Death eater!" Someone else yelled, and the cloaked figures all started firing at the same time.
     "Crucio!"
     A dozen screams filled the air.
     People looked at one another in confusion and alarm. Most people pointed at the death eaters, who bowed dramatically back.
     More spells were fired, screams erupting all around us now.  Some people collapsed onto the ground, making the people around them swarm.
     "They're real!" Someone exclaimed and the room broke into panic.
     The music stopped abruptly as people ran screaming in all directions, calling out names of their loved ones.
     The death eaters looked at each other, making signals.
     It wasn't until later one of them pulled out a sack and they started tossing it to each other as they grabbed screaming students off the dance floor and dumped them in.
Real death eaters, I thought.  They're real!
     "Stupefy!" Someone yelled, making people stare.  Suddenly, more people took out their wands and started firing.
     "Erecto!"
     "Crucio!"
     "Expelliarmus!"
     "Confringo!"
     Tables blasted around us, sending puffs of fire burning the rest of the food.
     "Charles, what do we do?" Lily exclaimed, alarmed.  I turned to answer when I saw one of the death eater's wands pointed at us.
"Reducto!"
"LILY LOOK OU -"
The sound of shattered glass surrounded us, flooding my ears with its loud screeching noise. I heard Lily scream as the water rushed out all around, leaving my skin cold as we fell hard into the ground.
I coughed loudly, turning to Lily. I could see the shock on her face from what had just happened.
"You okay?" I asked, teeth chattering
"Yeah," she said, her red hair dripping all around her. People screamed even louder at the sight of Lily's open tail.
"Good," I propped myself on my elbows. "Come on, we have -"
Her scream interrupted me. I turned to see a death eater had grabbed her by the tail and was dragging her into the bag.
"Lily!!" I yelled.
"Charles, help!" She screamed.
I made a grab for her but she was already too far away. No, no, no!! "Hang on!!"
"Get your hands off me, you creep!" She screamed at the death eater, who merely chuckled.  She yelled another angry retort before it was muffled by the sound of the closed sack.
     "Lily, no!!"
     "Charles!" I heard her blurred voice cry back.
I glanced up and saw the death eater who held the sack sneering at me.
Rage bubbled up inside me as I shot to my feet. I glowered at him, "GIVE HER BACK YOU SON OF A B -"
"Crucio!" The death eater called. 
     An unexplainable pain seared through my body.  I let out a yell as I collapsed onto the wet floor.
     "Ah, young love."
     The death eater laughed darkly and I just managed to bite back another scream as more waves of pain sizzled through my torso.
     When the pain had finally eased I staggered to my feet, getting ready to punch him hard in the nose, but he was gone.
Lily's gone.
     "No ..." I looked around to see the people had lessened and the doors of the Room of Requirement were wide open.  People swarmed through running as fast as they could only to be met by more spells.
     I watched the hoard of costumes whizz by me, but couldn't find the energy to move.  Lily's gone.
     The words echoed through my mind as the world blurred around me.    
     Lily ...
     When I finally came back to reality, more than half the people had left the party.
     I turned to go when something caught my eye.  A stick in the glistening puddles around me.  A wand
     An image flashed in my mind.  Lily moving the tank with the body moving spell.
After a moment of staring, I slowly bent over and picked up the wand. I would give it to Lily when I saw her again.
If I ever see her again.