The Malfoy Name

A/N
Ok, I know the last few chapters haven't been satisfying, but I swear I'm building up on it!!!!! I am, I am ... Trust me, it WILL get better...

$$$

Scorpius's POV

     We drove smoothly down the road, moving at an even pace as we zipped down the noisy streets of London. Silence prevailed.

"Bloody hell," Draco said in a low whisper, and I saw his eyes widening in the rear view mirror. "I can't believe we just bumped into Granger."

"She hasn't aged much," Astoria commented vaguely, staring out the window.

"Scorpius, do you know who we just bumped into?" Draco asked, eyes twitching with humor. As if this was some grand reveal that I should know nothing about, not that she fought with the famed Harry Potter, or was the current Minister of Magic, or my girlfriend's mother, or anything remotely like that.

     It's not like I've been living under a rock all my life.

I cocked an eyebrow, "The Minister for Magic?"

"Yes," Draco murmured thoughtfully. "But she also happens to be—well, to be the girl your mother and I, say, used to tease in our school days."

"I did nothing of the sort, it was your father who did all the bullying," Astoria said in fake haughtiness.

"Wow. Really? You're gonna throw me under the bus like that? After everything we've been through together?" Draco exclaimed.

"I was never in front of the bus, so fairly it's not my problem."

"You're my wife!"

"This wasn't part of the job description."

"And to think I trusted you."

I started laughing. I couldn't help it. I had missed seeing my parents play with each other all day.

"So, Scorpius," Draco said, all the humor fading from his voice. "How are you doing with your studies?"

That was my cue: the laughter faded.

"Have you been following up on what we talked about the last time?"

Well, Father, you see I would have gotten more Os if McGonagall hadn't assigned Rose Weasley to distract me all year.

I cleared my throat.

"Yeah. I got a few Os," I softly. I was annoyed to hear that I didn't sound convincing at all.

"Oh, well. That explains the Ts all over the mid-term report I received two weeks ago."

Oh. Right. Reports.

"Scorpius, how many times do I have to tell you that studying is an important aspect of being a student, before it actually stamps itself into that thick head of yours?" Draco said, exasperated. "You're eighteen. Eighteen should be old enough for you to start taking responsibility for the things that you're doing. Merlin knows what you're doing, but we're not going to be here forever, you know. And it's up to you to carry on the Malfoy Business without throwing it out the window!"

"I know," I mumbled.

"Where do you think money comes from? Crumple-Horned Snorkacks?" Draco snapped. His was voice rising still, the way it does when he's on a roll: a roll down memory lane. "We work to make a living. I may have made some poor decisions in my lifetime, but at least I worked hard—a-and made up for it, and I was able to earn the rights for the Family Business."