A New Nemisis

Lily's POV
     I opened my eyes to darkness.
Pain overwhelmed me, shooting through my skull like a tornado. I gasped, shifting myself into my elbows as I tried to find a comfortable position on the hard damp floor.
Where in Merlin's name am I?
I wracked my brain, trying to remember what had happened before I blacked out. Pushing myself against the wall, I tried to support myself on it as I stood up but found it wet.
Actually, everything was wet.
No! I'm wet!! I realized, staring down at my drenched robes. Seeing a lump in my pocket, I put my hand inside and pulled out a small empty glass bottle with a drawing of a tail on the tag.
And then it hit me.
The party. The tank. The attack. The death eaters. The tortures.
Charles.
"No," My gaze darted around the shadowed corners of what I now realized was a cell, large stones protruding out of the wall like daggers. "No!"
At the front was a wooden door with a small barred window.
"No, no, no!!" I ran to the window and clasped my hands over the bars. "Let me out!!" I screamed into the dark empty corridor beyond.
Silence.
I swung my weight on the bars, trying to break its hold, "Let me out, I said!!! Let! Me! Ou -"
A hand grabbed my shoulder and jerked me away from the window, "Shhh, they'll hear you!"
For a moment all I could do was blink. Then, my senses snapped and I gasped.
"Madeline!"
Madeline Wood's normally tied up caramel hair was loose and tangled around her dirt streaked face and her unusually dark eyes were circled with dark rings.
"Shh, yes it's me. Now keep it down, or they'll hear you," she said, glancing cautiously over my shoulder.
The thrill of seeing my Quidditch Captain vanished as I came back to reality.
"No," I shook my head, backing away. "We have to get out of here."
"We can't, I've tried. All the other cells are like a dozen halls away and we don't even know where we are."
I shook my head again, my gaze darting around the room in an attempt to find a way out.
Suddenly, I ran over to one of the stones that protruded the most. Using as much grip as I could I pulled at the stone. It didn't budge. I wrapped one arm over the top and another under the bottom, pulling harder. It stayed completely intact with the wall like I had never touched it.
I groaned, "My hands are slippery."
Madeline walked up to another protruding stone a few feet from mine, "Try this."
I walked over and we both started pulling with all our might, but the stone stayed as still as the other one had.
After a full ten minutes we stopped.
"Are these cemented together, or what?" I said, gasping for air.
"It's called a spell, genius. Ever heard of it? Or maybe this filthy cell has wiped your memory of magic as well as your senses."
At the sound of the silky voice I frowned, turning towards the dark corner in which the voice came from.
"You know instead of whining, Abigail, you could help us think of an escape plan before they torture us to death!!" Madeline hissed.
"No need," the voice said again. "I already have an escape plan."
"Well, now would be a good time to tell us," Madeline said impatiently. It was clear that the two didn't get along.
"Okay, okay," Abigail said, and I saw a shadow move out of the corner. "Get your mudblood under control, or it might get muddier than it already is."
As she stepped out of the darkness, I saw she had long dark hair, pale skin and cold black eyes.
"Get to the point," Madeline said.
"The next time the guards come, I'll tell them that I'm a pure blood. I'll tell them that my parents are Theodore Nott and Daphne Nott, a family that has only ever been in Slytherin House. I'll tell them my Grandpa was a death eater just like them, and I'll them his name and his address and -"
"Hang on," I said, earning a glare from Abigail. "What about us? What are we gonna do?"
She shrugged, "How should I know? You're a Potter, I thought they said you were smart."
I blinked, "How do you know I'm a Potter?"
"How could I not? The word 'mudblood' is written all over your face," she tutted. "And you're hair. You're mum's a Weasley, isn't she?"
My eyes flashed, "That's none of your business."
Abigail's face was full of mock pity, "Aww. Poor Potter. Poor poor Laura Potter. Nobody cares about her, and how could they? Nobody loves a mudblood like you, especially if your the daughter of the famous Harry Potter."
She said the name like it drew acid from her mouth. My blood boiled, "My name is Lily," I said hotly. "And what's so good about your family if they can't even keep themselves out of Azkaban? If Slytherin is so great, why have you only beaten us at Quidditch twice? If you're so important, why are you still here -"
"Ow!" Abigail exclaimed suddenly, cutting me off. "Do you guys hear that annoying sound? I don't think it's a voice, but it's so irritating!" She was practically yelling now.
I glared at her.
I opened my mouth to snap at her but Madeline stepped between us, "Alright, as much as I would like to see you kick Abigail's ass, we have some escaping to work on."
She gave me a look.
After a long moment of hesitation I sighed, "You're right."
We turned towards another stone.
"Alright. Fine! I don't care if you pull until your hands bleed," Abigail said loudly. "I'm just gonna sit here and wait for Charles to come rescue me."
     At the sound of Charles's name I froze.
     "Of course, that's only if my first plan doesn't work.  But it will.  I bet could've told from the beginning how different I looked from you guys.  I mean, you can't tell a mudblood from a pure -"
     "Wait," I cut her off, turning around. "Charles who?"
     She blinked, "What?"
     "You said Charles," I said slowly, enunciating each word. "Charles who?"
     "Charles Zabini.  You know, that hot guy who plays for Slytherin.  He's my cousin's best mate, so he and I are pretty close."
     Charles's voice echoed through my mind.
"I was hiding from Abigail."
     "She's crazy for me, okay? Every time she sees me she goes likes this, 'Hi Charles!!'"
It clicked like the pieces of a puzzle. This girl? I thought, appalled. This is the girl I was jealous of?! Well, to be fair, she was actually quite pretty. But there was no way in Hell Charles would come to rescue Abigail.
"Why do you care?" Abigail asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
An unconscious smirk drew from my face. I shrugged, "No reason," I said in a light voice.
There is no way in Hell Charles would come to rescue Abigail.
Before she could protest I had turned my back on her and was yanking fiercely with Madeline at another large stone, the repeated line in my head the only thing to keep me going.
There is no way in Hell Charles would come to rescue Abigail. There is no way in Hell Charles would come to rescue Abigail.
"What are you smiling about?" Madeline breathed exhaustedly.
I shook my head.