Mermaids, Umbridge, Voldemort!

A/N
Heyy.
So I know I haven't been updating as regularly as I used to be.  But now it's a 2 week holiday, sooo I hope to catch up.  Things happen in the next few chapters.  And by things, I mean THINGS ...
Nothing bad.  Not yet at least.  I'm spoiling it.  I'll shut up now.

$$$

Rose's POV

     "Where are they?" I moaned, tugging at my cloak. "We have 5 minutes, and everyone is already gone." Lucky for me, Lily allowed me to wear a tank top under the bralet, even if it was fringed with lace.  My bottom was a leather skirt that stopped mid thigh and was more comfortable than I would've thought, complimenting the cape and the bralet magnificently. 

     "Hold your hippogriffs," Hugo flipped his wand into the air, catching it in his other hand as he relaxed against the armchair.  He wore a sandy coloured shirt with ripped off sleeves, desert army pants with Long Gryffin fur draped across his back.  It was supposed to represent Gryffindor, though it did much less than it represented a Camel.

     "It doesn't take that Long to get to the Room of Requirement," he said.

     "Lily and Roxanne should be down by now," I said anxiously, glancing at the Grandfather clock above the common room fireplace. "Maybe I should go check on them."

     I started to rise from the couch.

     "They're probably fine," Albus waved off.  He wore his normal Gryffindor robes, but it was obvious he had combed his hair and an exact replica of Harry Potter's circular glasses lay on his nose, as well as the lightning scar on his forehead.  There was no doubt he was Harry Potter's Son now.

"Probably had a little makeup emergency or something.  Why are you so urgent? Are you expecting someone?"

     I knew I had it coming, but the way he said it surprised me more than I thought it would.  He didn't sound expectant or angry at all.  Just curious.

Maybe they really have forgotten about Scorpius.

     "No," I answered, and I could hear the disappointment in my own voice.  I felt Hugo's intent stare, but Albus didn't notice.

     "I can't wait to see Fred," Albus said, smirking. "Yesterday he showed up with all the robes and the spells.  He swore he would be a better Voldemort than Voldemort himself.  He said he even bought a fake wand so he could trick people into thinking the spell was real whenever he shouted Avada Kedavra!"

     Hugo laughed, and after a moment of thought I joined in.

     "Ow! Stupid tank!" A voice yelled, drawing our attention. "Is everyone ready?" Roxanne popped around the corner, wearing a frilly pink turtleneck and matching magenta mini skirt with buckles, imitating the snobby woman who worked for the Ministry. 

     (She also taught Mom and Dad Defence Against the Dark Arts in their 5th Year.  Dad used to tell stories about her to scare us into doing Laundry.  What was her name again? Something that began with Um ...)

     "For what?" Hugo called back, snapping me from my thoughts just in time to see Roxanne leave.

     A loud purring sound echoed around the common room.  It echoed off the walls, making it impossible to tell where it came from.  I looked to Hugo and Albus but found they were just as clueless as I was.

What is that sound?

     I saw Albus's eyebrows pop up and turned to see the large circular tank being pushed from around the corner.  I recognised it as the one Hugo brought in earlier and my curiosity grew as I realised it was full of water.  And amongst the waves, a girl floated inside.   Her skin was a bold blue, almost translucent, hair was crackling flames around her wide yellow eyes with slit pupils.  But the most surprising thing about her was the iridescent glow of her scaly tail ...