A Potter

Lily's POV

The sound of pounding footsteps drew me to consciousness. I opened my eyes to see the blurry outline of a shadow wrench open the wooden door.

Beside me, Madeline stirred.

     Suddenly a pair of strong hands grabbed me, yanking me to my feet.  I gasped at the sudden movement, blinking into the pale wand light.

     "Lily!!" Madeline shrieked.

     My head snapped to her, "Mad -"

     "Move it, mudblood," a voice snarled, carelessly shoving me out of  the room.  I barely had time to hear Madeline's panic cry before the door was slammed shut.

     The death eater raised his lit wand, casting a black shadow across his face, "Colloportus!"

     The lock made a satisfying click, but it wasn't loud enough to block out the string of curses that popped out of Madeline's mouth as she rattled the door.

     "Shut up, you muddy bitch!" The death eater bellowed, kicking the door.

     "Make me," she challenged, an angry glint in her eyes.

"Crucio," he muttered and the Angry glint left, replaced with a flash of fear. She opened her mouth to scream but instead whimpered. She seemed to be holding it in, collecting tears in her eyes as she stumbled away from the barred window and into the shadows of the cell.

"Madeline!!" I screamed, earning a hard shove from the death eater as he started marching me down the narrow hall.

"No - stop!" I tried digging my heels into the stone floor but he just jerked harder.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" He sneered. "Or were you just screaming out the door for the past hour because you felt like it?"

I frowned. He heard me?? Is that why I'm being taken out? Are they freeing me?

It seemed so unreal, but what other explanation was there?

We continued down the hall, passing other corridors and ducking into some of them, his wand our only source of light. I assumed the ones we missed lead to other cells.

What is this? A labyrinth?

"Do you know where you're going?" I asked critically after we'd turned into the fiftieth passage. My legs were aching and my eyelids felt like lead.

"You know, it's funny you should ask," he said, smirking. "I assumed you would know, since your old man was born here and all ..."

I blinked, "Wait, what?"

I didn't have time to ask again because we had reached thick black double doors, black paint flaking of the sides and curling silver snakes in a threaded position, locking the doors together.

The death eater raised his wand, "Morto Manganto," he chanted and a loud clicking noise snapped from the door before the snakes slowly uncurled themselves, slithering to become two doorhandles.

He pulled at one of the handles, immediately giving way to a loud buzz of chatter from inside.

I glanced inside.

The room was dimly lit, walls filthy from lack of care which definitely varied from the expensive looking table in the center of the room and the arguing men around it. Men who could have just been normal gangsters if not for the tattoo that seemed to be reflecting off each other's forearms.

Stars Hold Our Fate (SCOROSE) ~ Editing ~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara