An Announcement

Rose's POV

     The Great Hall was loud and filled with scared, panicked voices.  When she had seen the swarm of students in the hallways, McGonagall had sent everyone straight here so most people were still wearing their costumes, except for some who's spells had worn off a long time ago.

     Scorpius looked at me, "You okay?"

     I nodded.  The whole time he had never let go of my hand, and I knew he had a good reason for it.  Many were now crying over the loved ones they had lost.

     I was crazy worried over Hugo myself.  I wanted to go look for him, but knew Scorpius wouldn't allow it.

     He doesn't control me, I thought, but stopped suddenly.  He was just trying to protect me.

     As I glanced around, I frowned, "Where's Charles?"

     Scorpius turned slightly at his best friend's name, "Like you said, probably off with that Potter girl."

     Lily.  What happened to her? How did she run with her tank? Did Roxanne help her?

     Through the huge crowd of people, I suddenly caught sight of familiar frizzy hair and a pink mini skirt.

     My eyes brightened, "Roxanne!" I called, but I was barely heard over the shrieks and sobs of everyone around me.

     I yelled louder, "Roxanne!"

     She turned slightly.  Glancing over her shoulder curiously, as if wondering who had called her name. 

     Her eyes landed on me briefly, before doing a double take.

     "Rose!" She shouted. I couldn't read the expression in her face.

     I waved wildly, starting to go to her but something stopped me.  Turning, I saw Scorpius's hand had tightened ion mine and was staring intensely at me.

     I softened, "Scorpius, it's okay.  They're not going to hurt me."

     "I know that."

     "You can let go."

     His face hardened as he glanced from Roxanne to me, before sighing, "Come back."

     At his words my heart broke.  I smiled warmly at him.  Lifting on my tiptoes, I planted a quick kiss on his cheek before hurrying to my cousin.

     Roxanne threw herself into my arms and I laughed, hugging her back.

     "I'm okay, Roxy," I said, pulling away slightly.  When I did, I was shocked to see tears in her eyes, "Roxy?"

     "I can't — I just —" she let out a sob, throwing herself into my arms again. "She's gone, and — I wasn't — I could have —"

     "Who's gone?" I asked, frowning.

     "Rose?"

     Turning, I saw Albus. I smiled, "Albus," I drew back from Roxanne and hugged him instead.  His hair was slightly ruffled, and somewhere along the way he had lost his glasses. "You guys are okay."

     Fred stood behind him.

     "You're all okay," I pushed myself into Fred's arms as well, blinking back tears of joy.

     "We're good, Rosie," Fred said, patting my back comfortingly.  He was wearing the same dark cloak although the spell on his face had worn off a while ago.