Chapter 20

A/N Yo guys, Jess actually wrote a chapter! Aren't ya proud? I know I am. Anywayyyyy, lots of drama still to come so I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and share ~ Kat.
***
Katrina's POV

I couldn't find Tristan all night. I spent a good hour looking for him, checking the dorms and all around the picnic area but he was no where. I even got Luke and Ash to help me but they couldn't find him either. I shouldn't be this worried but I don't know, there's a part of me that's still slightly protective of him I guess.

I remember this one time, about 2 years ago, our families went hiking together and Tristan decided it was a genius idea to wander off. It took me an hour and a half to track him down and I'd managed to work myself into a panic.

* Flashback *

I ran over to Tristan and he pulled me in, trying to hug me as I punched his chest repeatedly.

"Where the hell have you been?! Do you know how scared I was? I thought something bad had happened!" I shouted, going to hit him again but he caught both my hands in his and held them still.

"I'm so sorry. I just wanted to check out one of the nature points and then I got lost." He said, pulling me into a hug. "I'm so sorry I scared you."

* End of flashback *

He spent that entire day apologising to me and of course I gave him a hard time, but I pretty much forgave him immediately. How could I not? He's Tristan. Back then it was impossible to stay mad at him...

Now it feels like all I ever am is mad at him and all he ever is is mad at me. I don't know what do. Like yes, me and Jess miss them more than we ever have but at the same time, I can't afford to let myself stop being mad at them. Not properly. If I let that happen then I'm gonna wanna get close to them again and I don't even know if that's possible, especially with the other girls.

In the end I gave up and went back to the campfire, hoping that Tristan would make his way back quickly. I must have tired myself out because about 10 minutes after I got back to the campfire, I fell asleep on Luke. Like literally on him. I feel bad for the boy. 

He didn't especially seem to mind though because he didn't wake me up and when I did wake up, he was cuddling me in our chair.

Everyone else was either passed out by the campfire or in their dorms. The only two people that were missing were Tristan and Brad.  I managed to detach myself from Luke without waking him up and wandered into the woods. I don't really know if I'm still looking for the guys or if a part of me just needs to take a break and think about everything but as it was, I walked into a small clearing and found Brad and Tris sat up against a tree. I was gonna ask where Tristan had been but when I heard what they were talking about, I decided to stay hidden.

"Do you think about it? You know, our past with them?" Tristan asked, turning to Brad.

"Sometimes. I try not to. It's not gonna change anything to think about it. There's too much hate between us. I'd rather think of ways to get to them than obsess over the past." Brad explained.

"Yeah, but you were pretty close with Kat just like me. Do you not miss her sometimes?" He questioned, and my breath caught in my throat.

Brad stayed quiet for a minute, like he was really thinking about it.

"I guess maybe, there are moments... Like when I first wake up and there's a second where I forget about what happened and I forget about the feud... Sometimes the first thought that pops into my head is 'I'm gonna go wake up Kat' and then I remember."