Ch. 1

Josh had this charm about him, people always tended to fall for his smile. When he smiled it was impossible not to smile too. If he laughed, you laughed.

At Josh's old school he was loved, popular and everyone wanted to be his friend, he was sweet and he loved making people happy.

His mother got a new job and they had to move out of town, and it was the first day at a new school.

It was normal for Josh to be excited about school. He was the type of person who loved socializing and meeting new people. He rarely got nervous or even scared.

Once entering the school his mom helped him get his schedule and said goodbye before heading to work. He looked at his schedule and sighed, unsure of where to find the classrooms.

After a few minutes of failing to find his class, he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry" A boy with brown hair said, speaking in a whisper

Josh chuckled, "It's fine, I wasn't paying attention. My name is Josh, I'm new here."

"Uh, I'm Andrew" He said with a small smile.

"Well, Andrew" Josh smiled, handing him his schedule, "Can you show me where I may find 304"

"304, thats Science, I have it tomorrow, but I can show you where it is." Andrew motioned for Josh to follow.

Josh hated how Andrew was so quite, he liked when people were loud.

When they arrived to the class, Andrew handed him back his schedule and waved him goodbye.

Josh walked into the class and the teacher raised an eyebrow, "You must be the new student, Josh?"

He nodded, giving her a smile and she smiled back.

"Okay Josh, you can sit in the 3rd seat back, over to the left" she instructed.

Josh did as told and sat at the empty table, the tables were made for two people and there was an empty seat next to him, he shrugged and tossed his bag on the ground.

Class began and Josh sighed, doodling in his book. He didn't hate school, he loved it, but he hated the work.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, the teacher opened it revealing a boy.

He had tan skin, dark brown hair and a blank look on his face. The teacher groaned "Mr Joseph, do you have a late slip?"

He shook his head and she sighed, waving him off in dismissal while shutting the door. The boy walked to Josh's table but froze, seeing Josh. He slowly sat down next to him and looked down at his hands.

Josh frowned, hating how the boy ignored him. When the teacher began passing out paper he turned to the boy, "Hi, I'm Josh!"

The boy didn't even look up, he fiddled with the sleeve of his sweater and this made Josh upset. He didn't like being ignored.

Throughout the class, the boy didn't do anything. He just played with his sweater and stared at the table.

-

Josh was able to find his next class fairly easy, he enjoyed music class and even saw the boy. He was just as quiet as he was in their other class and Josh found it odd.

When lunch arrived, he asked a girl where the cafeteria was and thanked her before looking around for Andrew.

He found him sitting next to a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Josh made his way over to the two, they were laughing and Josh smiled. He loved seeing people having a good time.

Andrew looked up, noticing Josh's presence and grinned, "Hi Josh, this is Ian"

Ian nodded at Josh, "Hello, nice to meet you"

Josh nodded and smiled, "we better get our lunch."

The three boys made their way to the lineup and Andrew turned to Josh, "So, how was your first day?"

"It was alright"

Ian raised an eyebrow, "Hey! you were in my music class!"

"I was?" Josh questioned, it's possible. Josh never really ever took much notice to the people around him.

He nodded, "Yeah!"

"Oh well, cool" Josh smiled.

The line moved ahead and they all got their lunch, a hamburger with fries, and went back to their table.

Josh looked around, noticing how people were separated just like the stereotypical high school.

His brown eyes gazed across the circular tables, where fewer people sat, and stopped at the boy from Science. He was sitting alone, no food at the table and just staring down at his hands.

Josh kept his eyes on the boy, curiosity filling him.

Why would the boy be sitting alone?

Josh wondered if he had friends, surely the boy wasn't ugly and didn't seem repulsive.

"Hey, who's that boy?" Josh whispered to Andrew, pointing to the brown haired boy.

Andrew shrugged, while Ian sighed, "His name is Tyler, why?"

"Tyler," Josh repeated, the name rolling off his tongue with ease. "Why is he sitting alone?"

"I don't know, he's a weird kid." Ian snickered, taking a bite from his burger. "He always sits alone and never talks to anyone. If I were you, I'd stay away from him."

Josh nodded slowly, glancing back at the boy before continuing to eat.