Ch. 4

"No homework again Mr. Joseph?" The teacher asked. He didn't reply, as usual, and she sighed and wen't to pick up the others homework.

Josh turned to Tyler, "So, you don't like homework or something?"

No response, Josh was use to it by now since he's been going to the school for 2 weeks.

So far its been great and he made a couple friends but none as interesting as Tyler. Everyday he'd at least say hi to the boy, even if he doesn't respond.

Josh felt as though he would get somewhere if he at least attempted to talk to him, so he just talks even if there is no response. Which would seem awkward to most people, but not to him.

"Alright class, work on the worksheet with your table partner for the last 10 minutes," The teacher announced, going back to her desk.

Josh took out the worksheet and a pencil, he looked over the questions and saw Tyler without a paper or pencil. He didn't even have a binder with him.

"Hey, do you need a pencil?" Josh asked, Tyler shook his head no and Josh was a bit shocked since he never showed any response toward him before.

-

Once the bell rang, Josh said goodbye to Tyler and walked up to Hayley who gave him a small smile. When they started walking down the hall she asked, "Tyler's a bit strange, don't you think?"

"He's alright, I haven't heard much of him," Josh responded.

"What do you mean? There's a lot of rumours about him," She said confused.

He shook his head, "No, I mean I never heard his voice before."

"Oh, I think he's mute," She said nonchalantly.

Josh froze, grabbing her arm, "Mute?"

"Hey may not be, but he never talks to it's possible," With that, she walked off.

-

When lunch came around, it was like everyday.

"Hey Josh, wanna come over to Andrews after school?" Ian asked the redhead, stopping Andrew from speaking.

He shrugged, "Sure, what time?"

"Right after. You could ride with us." Andrew smiled, heading towards their lunch table.

Once the two boys, Andrew and Ian, sat down, Josh did his usual routine and took his seat at Tyler's table. Of course its strange sitting with a boy who obviously wanted to be alone, but Josh felt as though Tyler secretly wanted a friend.

"I heard the test in English will be hard," Josh said, taking a bite of his burger.

Tyler is in his Science, Music, English and Gym classes, so they see a lot of each other.

Tyler didn't respond, and Josh took no offence to that. Apparently Tyler ignores everyone, including teachers.

At times, Josh can feel uncomfortable, but then he thinks about the sad look Tyler gave him before and he gets over it.

"My mom keeps asking me if I'm a virgin, It's really weird since I'm gay and she doesn't really understand gay sex" Josh continued, unsure why he was saying this.

Tyler's face reddened a bit and the redhead smirked, glad to see a reaction out of the boy, "And she gave me condoms, when I asked why, she said so I don't get slutty diseases, thats just nasty."

And then it happened.

A soft, slightly high pitched voice asked, "Why do you keep talking to me?"

Josh's breath hitched, the response caught him off guard. The brown haired boy spoke and Josh had shivers down his spine from how he sounded. But then he remembered the question, and decided to keep his excitement low, "Because I want to make you smile."

"How do you know I can smile if you're new here?" Tyler pressed, his voice was very quiet.

He shrugged smiling, "Everyone can smile."

Tyler was quiet, and Josh was scared he was going to stop talking again. However, he then asked, "But why do you wan't to make me smile?"

Josh didn't even know why, he just wanted to see Tyler happy and grinning, "Because I'm sure you'd look beautiful with a smile on your face."

-

Andrew was an only child, so his room was huge and his house rather small.

Ian, Andrew, and Josh all played video games and joked around, they played Xbox for 5 hours straight, till Andrews mom walked in smiling, "Boys I ordered Pizza, I'll be heading out and you better behave Andrew."

Andrews mom is really nice, she baked cookies and was one of those fun moms who joke around with her kids friends just to annoy them.

"I will," He said absentmindedly

She sighed, never understanding video games and the addiction to them. When she left, Andrew turned off the TV and they stayed quiet before he asked curiously, "Hows it feel to kiss a guy?"

"Andrew!!" Ian gasped, sending Josh an apologetic smile.

Josh just shrugged, "Its weird, well, to you guys it would be. It's more rough sometimes, and their lips aren't as soft. Well sometimes they can be, it just depends who the boy is and if they have soft lips. Honestly, it's not that different."

"How'd you know you were gay?" Ian pressed, interested in the conversation now. It's not that they're unsure of their sexuality, they're just generally curious.

"I was at a party when I was 14 and I was forced to play 7 minutes in heaven with this cute boy," He began shifting a bit. "At first we just stood there but then he kissed me and I kissed back. It was my second kiss and I already kissed a girl and it didn't feel as great as kissing a guy. So, we dated but broke up after a few weeks. Typical middle school relationship."

"Wow," The two boys said, eyes wide.

Josh just laughed, "Yeah"

His mind drifting off to Tyler.