Ch. 7

It was after school when Josh heard his mother calling up to his room saying he had a friend coming up. Josh smiled, instantly hoping and praying it was Tyler. He was confused as to why he was wincing in what seemed to be pain earlier in school and wanted to know why.

However, he was let down when Ian and Andrew showed up in his door way, faces full of guilt and apologies.

Josh sighed, "What do you want?"

Ian shut the door and the two took a seat at the foot of Josh's bed. The redhead stared at them, he hated how they insulted Tyler, calling him a freak and making fun of him.

Andrew spoke up, "I'm sorry Josh."

"I don't know why you're apologizing to me," He snapped, scowling at the two.

"We'll stop okay? We don't like him but we won't make fun of him okay? We're sorry, seriously we are. He's your friend and we'll respect him." Ian said softly.

-

At school the next day, Tyler was quiet and never even looked at Josh. That made him curious, he wanted to know why Tyler always wore long sleeves, and why he winced when he touched his wrist.

Was he hiding something?

Thoughts ran through Josh's mind. He couldn't even focus in class, every time he looked over at Tyler, he was tugging
at his hoodies sleeves, almost self consciously.

It almost seemed as if it was a habit.

Every time he thought of Tyler, a weird feeling settled in his stomach. He found everything about the boy unique. His lips were so pink and full, and he just wanted to kiss them.

Josh's eyes widened at his thoughts. Did he want to kiss Tyler?

-

Lunch came and when Josh sat next to the boy, he couldn't help but glance at the arm he gripped yesterday.

"So, um, what happened yesterday? Is your arm hurt?" Josh asked, concern and curiosity obvious in his tone.

Tyler visibly stiffened, and Josh just knew something was wrong, however Tyler quietly replied, "No. its nothing." 

And so Josh dropped it. He didn't want to press into Tylers personal life. They only just became friends, and asking such a personal question could ruin any advancement their 'relationship' 
might have.

-

After school, Josh went home on the bus. He ignored Ian and Andrew in gym,
keeping the silent treatment going.

Once Josh was home, he saw his mom wasn't there so she must be at work and only Jordan was home. He wen't upstairs and tried doing his homework, but all he could think about was Tyler's arm and what could possibly cause him to flinch like he did.

A knock on the door made Josh jump, and Jordan popped his head in, "Moms bringing home pizza after work."

"Great, thanks." Josh said, and when Jordan was about to leave he quickly asked, "Hey Jordan?"

"Yes?" He questioned.

Josh bit his lip, he wondered if he should ask, if he should be talking about Tyler to his brother.

"I...I have this friend and I think somethings wrong with him," Josh said quietly.

Jordan nodded slowly, "Okay, what do you think's wrong with the kid?"

"He...well, honestly I don't know. He's so sad and seems depressed. He never talks to anyone, uh, it's Tyler," Josh admitted with a bit of guilt.

He continued, "But, yesterday we were....arguing I guess, and I grabbed his wrist and he seemed freaked out a bit. He winced and it was like I hurt him, but I didnt grab too tightly."

"Oh shit," Jordan muttered, running his hand through his hair. Josh gave him a confused look and Jordan continued, "Listen Josh, I think Tyler is cutting."

Those words caused Josh's breath to hitch, his hand clamped over his mouth and he shook his head quickly, "No, he wouldn't do that, he couldn't do that. He's sad but he wouldn't hurt himself!"

"But he is. He wears that sweater a lot doesn't he? He's depressed, he doesn't talk. He probably hates himself Josh, and you need to be there for him okay? He doesn't have any friends does he?"

"No," Josh whimpered, his heart was aching at the thought if Tyler hurting himself purposely.

"You can't leave him Josh. He needs you and you may not know this, but I think you need him too."

All Josh knew was he needed to talk to Tyler and that Jordan was right, they need each other and Josh would never leave Tyler, even if he wanted to.