Ch. 30

The adrenaline was pumping and Josh didn't think twice before breaking a window and jumping inside, since the door was locked. He was bleeding from the glass scraping though his thin, flannel pajama pants. However, he ignored it, hearing crashes from upstairs and doors slamming.

He quickly rushed toward the noise, almost tripping up the stairs. He would have called Tyler's name, but he didn't want to risk Mr. Joseph hearing him and freaking out, most likely hurting Tyler even more.

Josh glanced down the hall and heard Tyler screaming, so he was thankfully still alive. He followed the scream and saw a door open, causing him to jump and hide behind the wall, peaking out and spotted Tyler was limping trying to get away, but suddenly his dad shouted, "Get the fuck back here you ungrateful little brat!"

As Mr. Joseph pushed Tyler, he tripped and fell to the ground with his head banging at the end of the table where a flower and picture was sat. Josh grabbed the flower pot and used all his anger and strength, hitting it over Tyler's dads head.

He fell to the ground and instantly passed out with the help of alcohol and the impact of his head. Josh took a breath, a bit shocked he caused someone to faint, then heard a groan and rushed over to Tyler.

The poor boy was coughing, body bruised and blood everywhere. From what he could see, Tyler had a busted lip, bruised arm, and a huge bump on the back of his head. The hurt boy's eyes were glazed over, and he smiled slightly at Josh, saying croakily, "Y-You came. I didn't think you'd come."

"Shh, baby, I'm so sorry." Josh pressed a kiss to his forehead, glancing at the passed out man and grabbed his phone, dialling 911.

Tyler frowned, "What are you doing?"

Before he could reply, a voice on the line asked, "911, whats your emergency?"

He quickly told her what happened in the fastest way possible, still shaken up by the event. She promised the police would be by as fast as possible, telling them to be cautious incase his father woke up.

After hanging up, Josh saw Tyler was asleep and he wondered how that happened. However, he just held him close, checking over his exposed parts of his body, making sure nothing was too damaged.

Once the police finally arrived, Tyler woke up from the loud noises of sirens and Josh helped him up, police entering the house. They took away the passed out man, helping Tyler to an ambulance and checking to make sure he didn't have a concussion. A lady walked over with a notepad, asking, "Was that man your father?"

Tyler nodded sadly, limping a bit and Josh wondered if he hurt his ankle. She asked what happened and Tyler told her how his dad was drunk and angry because he found out he was gay, she questioned if this happens often and he hesitated.

Josh frowned, nodding for him to answer truthfully, so Tyler sighed, "Y-Yes. A lot more recently as well."

A few questions later, Josh told her he lives down the street and she drove them there in the police car. She left her number, in case they needed anything, and they thanked her before entering his house.

Josh hushed Tyler when he was about to ask something, but it was too late as his mom gasped from walking into the living room, eyes widening when she looked at Tyler. "Oh my goodness, what happened?"

Tyler paled slightly, he didn't want to tell her. Noticing his uncertain response, Josh led Tyler to the couch and sat him down gently, seeing how Tyler winced. He turned to his mom, asking politely, "Could you get something to clean him up with please?"

She gave him a knowing look, but nodded and left to the bathroom. Josh whispered to Tyler, "Please tell her, okay? She can help, she loves you and would never look down on you because of your dad."