Ch. 28

When it was the next day, Josh was eager to see Tyler. He was afraid that Tyler might have tried again, and the thought was terrible and made his stomach tie in knots, and not the good kind.

However, when seeing Tyler at his locker, he was extremely relived. He was unsure if he should talk to him or not, but being as worried as he was, Josh went over and gently placed his hand on Tyler's shoulder, "How are you feeling?"

"Dead," Tyler mumbled blankly.

Josh frowned, sighing, "Ty, please don't say that."

"It's true," He replied, glancing at Josh. "Do you want me to lie? Cause, if so then, I feel happy, alive, -"

"Tyler, come on, stop doing this to me!" Josh pleaded, though kept his voice low considering they were still in school. "You know I love you, why do you have to think about the kiss? It's done, it won't happen again."

"That's what I thought after the Jade kiss," Tyler retorted, shutting his locker shut after getting his books.

Josh rolled his eyes, "We weren't together then, I'm sure that doesn't count."

The bell rang and Tyler walked off to his next class. Josh gave him a worried glance and headed to his class, where Hayley looked at him curiously. She now knew what was happening and knew she had to do something about it.

The way the two boys looked at each other with such love and admiration brought butterflies to her stomach. Now they're separated, she couldn't help but notice how dead they both look.

When class ended, she went to her next class and chatted with Jade a bit. Finally, lunch came and she rushed to the cafeteria, not finding Tyler. The she remembered, Josh and him broke up, so he probably snuck in the boys bathroom for lunch.

She grinned and sneakily left the cafeteria, checking all the boys rooms until she spotted a stall shut and locked. Luckily everyone was at lunch, so the room was empty aside from them. Hayley knocked on the stall hesitantly, "Tyler?"

Hearing a breath hitch, she knew he was in there. There was some noise on the other side, then the door opened and she frowned seeing his red eyes, bags underneath and the dull look inside them.

"W-What?" He asked confused, then questioned, "Why are you in t-the boys bathroom....?"

Hayley ignored his curiosity and grabbed him gently by the shoulder, pulling him out of the stall and told him softly, "Josh loves you Tyler, and he's dumb by letting Mariah kiss him, but you can't push him away when it wasn't his fault."

"He didn't stop her right away," Tyler argued, but even he knew he was being unreasonable. Still, the insecurities he had really corrupted his mind.

Hayley nodded in understanding, however she replied, "You didn't hear him yelling at her though and he slapped her."

"W-What?" Tyler's eyes widened, and he was looking at Hayley in disbelief, Josh Dun isn't a violent person, the thought of him slapping someone -a girl for that matter- was just too hard to believe.

Yet, she nodded with a small smirk, "Yep, right across the face too. He was beyond pissed, cause she insulted you. He loves you so much Tyler, don't break his heart."

-

Hayley met up with Josh for the rest of lunch, and all he did was pushing around his food letting out a sigh here and there.

She pursed her lips, tilting her head to the side as she observed him, "Something happened, you're acting weird."

Blood, Ropes, Crying.