Ch. 35

Kim.
Tyler's moms sister.

She was so shocked when being called after Josh's mom finally got enough information to find her name and look her up.

When Mrs. Dun called her and told her about what happened, Kim was crying and apparently Mr. Joseph told her that Tyler and him moved the Europe and they never contacted her. She was so upset, knowing Tyler was actually abused.

However, she did tell them she wasn't very shocked. When Tyler's mom left, Kim tried to take care of him and have him over a lot, but Mr. Joseph never liked it and always did his best to come up with excuses for them not to come over. The last being that they moved, which was a bit extreme.

At first, Kim was unsure of keeping Tyler with her until school was over. But when Josh mentioned why it wasn't good for Tyler to be in a foster home, being depressed and not liking people, she gave in and was excited to finally see her nephew.

That night, Josh went into their room and saw Tyler lying on the bed, surprisingly doing his homework and he shut the door behind him, Tyler looking up and a small smile on his face.

"You're doing homework," Josh said in astonishment, walking over to where Tyler lied on the bed and laid next to him, pressing a kiss to Tyler's cheek.

The quiet boy nodded, "Yeah, I've been trying to, even if I know I'm doing it wrong. You said you wanted to go to college together, so I need to boost my grades up..plus, if I go to a foster home, I want to make sure we have something to keep us together; college."

It took Josh a lot of effort to keep his smile down, and obviously it didn't work when Tyler frowned and asked in confusion, "Why are you so happy?"

Groaning, Josh said, "Okay, what would you say if I had a way to keep you closer by and you have to go to our school still?"

"I'd say you're a gay Jesus," Tyler said with a serious expression, but a smile was playing in the corner of his mouth. "But, how could you? Is your mom letting me stay with you guys till graduation?"

"No." Tyler frowned and Josh grinned, "Remember your Aunt? Well, we got a hold of her and she may or may not have a spare room and moved closer by a year ago."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Tyler's eyes were filled with hope and he was trying to hide his eagerness, not wanting to be disappointed if its not true.

However, Josh nodded in excitement, "Yes! She told my mom she would be happy to let you stay until you go to college and you're moving in Friday."

At first, Tyler was too speechless to say anything. But, suddenly he was pressing his lips to Josh's while hugging him tightly.

He then placed his head on Josh's chest, letting out a small whisper, "Thank you."

-

She didn't change a bit. Aunt Kim was still the same sweet, funny, and charismatic lady Tyler knew and loved. He was so happy to her, dirty blonde hair resembling his moms and the similar smile he had made it's way across her face when she saw him.

Josh watched them when they hugged, seeing the tears and emotions pulling through the two people. He hated Tyler crying, but this time it was happy tears. He knew Tyler missed his aunt and was proud to say he brought them together again.

When everything was moved, Tyler said goodbye to Josh and chuckled when Josh wouldn't let go. He sighed, "We'll see each other Monday."

"I know, but I'll miss you," Josh admitted, so use to having Tyler lying next to him and cuddled up to his chest.

The brunette boy smile shyly, "I'll miss you too."

-

"So, you now have a place to stay?" The guidance counsellor asked as she wrote down something, giving Tyler a questioning look.

Tyler had started to see the school guidance, which actually helping more than he thought it would.

He nodded, "Yeah, my aunt let me stay with her. Josh found out her name and his mom talked to her."

"Josh seems to have made a great impact on you life," She replied with a small smile. "Did you ever wonder what life would be like if you and Josh never met?"

"I'm sure I would be 6 feet under by now," He admitted, glancing at his hands as he tugged his sweater, habit still there, but only when thinking of something sad or being nervous.

She nodded, "There's something many people believe in; fate. you told me he appeared in your life when your dad suddenly was getting more violent. That he found you before you attempted suicide, he showed up at the door weeks ago when you relapsed, even if it was after one cut, it still means something. You two are meant to be and Josh is your soul mate, don't you think?"

"I don't think, I know," Tyler replied, a smile playing at his lips. "He never left me and even when I was difficult, he was there for me and I can't think of anyone else I would be with other than him."

The bell rang and Tyler thanked her, smiling as he left the office.

-

Josh was coming over that night, because he wanted to meet Kim properly and vice versa. Tyler had changed into a red sweater with jeans, even if he was just staying home. Kim cooked spaghetti and by the time Josh came over, it was done.

As he opened the door, he saw Josh standing there with a black shirt and a blue, plaid one over it with the buttons undone. He greeted Tyler with a kiss and said, "I smell spaghetti."

"That's whats for dinner," Tyler replied, taking his hand and leading him into the kitchen, seeing Aunt Kim making the plates, obviously having heard the doorbell and knew Josh was here.

The conversation at the table was light and casual. By the time dinner was done, Tyler and Josh headed to Tyler's room, the house being one story and only two bedrooms.

As Tyler laid down on the bed, Josh put in a CD and Tyler saw him going through the others so he grabbed a pillow, throwing it at his head. Josh gasped and turned to see Tyler acting innocent, asking, "What?"

"You can't just throw things Tyler Robert Joseph!" He pouted, suddenly smirking and jumping on the brunette boy, attacking his sides and tickling him.

"N-No! J-Josh, Stop it!" Tyler gasped in between laughs and attempted weakly to push him off. "P-Please, have mercy, I-I'm going to pee myself."

"Well, thats not attractive." Josh chuckled, stopping his hands and watched as Tyler caught his breath. He stared at him for a bit, the stare Tyler never minded, and smile. He pressed a kiss to his forehead, "I'm so proud of you."

"Proud?" Tyler's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Yes, very proud. You've been through so much and yet here you are; laughing, smiling, breathing, living, loving," Josh listed. "You made it, and you survived Tyler."

A tear slid from Tyler's eye, one single tear that held so much emotion. He pressed a kiss to Josh's lips, "I couldn't have made it without you-and don't say I would, because before I met you, I didn't have a reason to try and live. You made me happy and feel loved. You gave me friends, a family, encouragement, and a wonderful, amazing boyfriend, who I love very much."

"I love you too." Josh replied, grinning at the blush that appeared on Tyler's cheeks.