Ch. 5

The rest of the week went by rather quickly, Josh still talks to Tyler, but he doesn't respond and Josh has not heard his voice since the one time he spoke.

He'd never admit it, but he thought Tyler's voice was cute, it's kind of high pitched but also low.

Josh still would go to Tyler's table for a few minutes each day, he wants Tyler to know he's not giving up.

The weekend soon came, Josh was in his room and heard his mom call him down.

Sighing, from his comfortable position while watching TV, he got up and went downstairs seeing his mom and brother in the kitchen.

"Yes?" He asked, wanting to go back upstairs and do nothing. He's not exactly an active guy, he loves sports and skateboarding, but he rarely ever goes outside.

His mom glanced up from the newspaper she was reading, "I need you boys to help me cook, my coworker is coming over tonight, remember?"

His brother mocked her with an annoyed face, and Josh laughed slightly. They got knifes and a cutting board and began chopping onions.

Once everything was complete the boys went upstairs to change. Josh put on plain jeans and a band t-shirt.

Soon the door bell rang and his mom called up, "Boys, they're here!"

He heard small chatter downstairs and walked into the hall seeing his brother rolling his eyes and going downstairs.

Snickering, he followed and froze, setting his eyes on a familiar brown haired boy

"Josh," His mom smiled, waving her hand, motioning him to come over.

He slowly did as told, and Tyler's head shot up at the name, his face paled slightly seeing Josh, the redhead gave him a small smile.

Tyler was mentally freaking out, Josh could tell, cause he was doing the same, but not as bad.

"Josh, this is Tyler, and his father Chris, Tyler goes to your school, actually he's in the same grade!"

"I know, we've met." Josh informed her.

Tyler's father grinned, "Nice to meet you Josh."

"You too Mr. Joseph," He responded, shaking the mans hand.

"Alright, dinners about done, why don't you guys make yourself at home." Josh's mom said smiling.

Josh's brother left to go into the living room and Josh turned to Tyler who was looking down at his feet. He raised and eyebrow asking, "Are you alright?"

"Y-Yes," Tyler responded, making Josh smile, cause he talked, and thats only happened once before.

Josh nodded, "Okay, you want to watch TV with my brother?"

Tyler shrugged, and Josh showed him around a bit, then went into the living room, seeing his brother, then took a seat on the couch that was empty.

Josh glanced up, seeing Tyler still standing, and rolled his eyes, patting the spot next to him, "Come on Ty, you can sit down."

A bit shocked by the nickname, Tyler slowly made his way to the seat and sat down next to him.

After about 10 minutes, Josh's mom called everyone into the dining room.

-

The dinner was too quiet, Josh's mom and Tyler's dad chatted quietly about work things. Josh would occasionally glance at Tyler, who wouldn't speak, but that didn't surprise him.