Ch. 29

Tyler was beyond depressed at this point. He didn't even know why he was still staying alive when Josh just told everyone about his suicide attempt. He trusted Josh, and yet the redhead goes and tells everyone such a secretive and personal thing.

School was terrible the next day, so many people were staring and whispering about him, which he hated.

When he went to class, he saw Josh sitting at their table and nearly groaned, he didn't want to deal with his ex-boyfriend. The 'ex' part threw him off. He still can't believe they're broken up, it made his heart literally heart.

He sighed, taking his seat and ignored Josh when he looked at him.

"Tyler, I messed up so much and honestly I don't deserve your forgiveness." Tyler scoffed, and Josh sighed sadly, hesitantly placing his hand on Tyler's thigh, "But, just know, I care about you and I love you. If you ever need me, call or just ask for me, because I'll be there for you. I promise."

Tyler glanced up, but Josh was already turned to face the front. He looked over Josh and saw how pale and messy he looked. The boy was wearing regular jeans, a plain shirt and his hair wasn't neat like it usually is. His eyes had bags under; meaning he has been having trouble sleeping.

It was strange seeing Josh so unclean and not taken care of. He's usually always caring about his appearance and making sure he looks decent. It's as if he didn't care anymore, and the thought made Tyler frown.

-

It was almost the end of the day and it was time for gym class, after changing Josh headed into the gym and saw Tyler sitting against the bleachers.

Once they were done with stretching and warm-ups, Josh walked over to Tyler when he acted like the ball bounced away, and sat next to him, "Ty, I ...... do you think we could go on a date?"

"Seriously?" Tyler chuckled humorously. "I highly doubt a date will make everything better Josh."

"I know, but I wanted to prove how much I love you. It may not make everything better, but if we talk and I explain everything, then maybe we could get back together. Please?" Josh gave him those puppy eye's Tyler always loved, pouting his lip.

Tyler hesitated, "I....I'll think about it."

"Fine," Josh sighed, knowing he had every right to hesitate.

"It's not that I don't want to, I just can't handle getting hurt again." Josh nodded, the guilt building at the look on Tyler's face. "I'll call you tomorrow?"

He nodded and smiled, heading to the basketball court. By the end of gym, Josh changed then headed to the bus. They didn't sit together, but Josh watched Tyler, who was in the front, and hated how he looked so sad with his head against the window.

Once at home, he rushed to Jordan's room, opening the door and groaned, "Jordan, get off the phone and help me try and get my boyfriend back."

They thought over every idea and tried finding the perfect place and things to do that related to Tyler's interests. It took hours, but they finally had the best idea and Josh was hoping it would work out.

-

After dinner, Josh wen't upstairs and saw it was already 10PM. His mom and sibling headed to bed, cause they weren't night owls like him. He groaned, laying down on his bed and grabbed his phone, eyes widening at the 20 missed calls and 4 voice mails he had from the past 10 minutes.

All from Tyler.

Josh quickly went to his voice mail box. The first voice mail played, "J-Josh, you're not answering. I-I don't know what's going on, my dad-he's just really mad and I'm freaking out. Please call me!"

The next one was more desperate, and you could feel the pleading in Tyler's voice, "You're still not answering, I thought you said to call if I need anything! J-Josh, please. I need you, I'm so scared. He's screaming at m-me."

Josh jumped up, pulling on his shoes as he frantically clicked the next voicemail, this one full of sobs and he could even he banging on the door through the phone, "Please pick up the phone, please! You told me you'd be here for me! You p-promised!"

His heart broke and Josh rushed out the room, running downstairs, not caring if he woke up his family. It was dark, cold, and late, but all that was on his mind was Tyler was in trouble. His house was down the road, and Josh was sprinting full speed as he clicked the last voicemail.

"Josh," It was a whisper, a broken and frightened one. "I'm so scared. Why do you keep breaking your promises? Y-You promised me you'd answer the phone if I called. You promised to be there for me." A big bang was heard on the other line and suddenly Tyler was screaming, "No! Dad, please don't hurt me! Josh, please! Josh, I need you! I love y-"

The voicemail was cut off and it was asking if he wanted to delete the message. Josh had tears blurring his eyes, he wiped them away and soon was in front of the house. The voicemail was 3 minutes ago.

What could happen in 3 minutes?