Ch. 3

Once Josh got home from school he wen't up to his room, shut the door and got on his bed, turning on the TV.

They just got the cable put on, so he changed the channel to a movie channel.

His phone vibrated and he pulled it out seeing it was Andrew. They exchanged numbers today, and he chuckled reading the text.

[ From: Andrew ]
Ian just cock blocked me at the mall with this girl! Help me beat his ass tomorrow??!

[ To: Andrew ]
Maybe;) we'll see how it goes.

-

He tossed his phone on the bed and stretched, pulling out his homework and stared at it. He wasn't exactly sure if they even learned this in class but maybe they did. He shrugged and started working out the problems, even though they were probably wrong.

Once he was done, he put it away and continued texting Andrew until he said he had to go. With the quiet background noise of the TV and lack of things to do, his mind drifted to Tyler.

There's something about the boy that makes Josh curious, his lack of communication and actions make him want to know more about him. He wonders why he doesn't talk or have friends, because to him, Tyler seems normal, or at least as normal as a person can be.

Either way, Josh wants to know more about the boy and he's determined to do so.

-

The morning was quiet during school, everyone was pretty much tired and thats normal for a Wednesday. People usually aren't awake until Friday, aka the weekend.

Josh wen't to his locker and put away his backpack, closing it only to see a girl right in front of him. He let out a high pitched shriek and she laughed "Hi, you're new right?"

"Umm, yes. My name is Josh," He smiled, causing her to do the same.

She nodded, "I know, my name is Hayley"

He noticed her flirty voice and frowned a bit, though quickly put on a smile again, "Right, nice to meet you."

"Listen, I can help you around the school. Maybe show you a few secret closets and rooms," She lowered her voice, placing her hand on his chest.

He held in a chuckle, and grabbed her hand, politely taking it off his chest, "You seen like a really nice girl, and I admit you're pretty. But, I'm gay."

Her eyes widened at his words,
"Seriously?!"

"Yep, 110% gay. And if I wasn't, I'd probably date you," He shrugged, eyeing her a bit. She had bright red hair and side bands, green eyes and a nose ring and her outfit wasn't the least bit slutty. Over all, the girl was his type if he was attracted to them.

She chuckled, lowering her voice, "If I'm being honest, this was a dare. My friends over there told me to check out the 'hot new guy' so..."

He nonchalantly looked to where she was pointing, and saw a group of girls giggling and looking away as he made eye contact with one.

He let out a laugh, "Oh, well just tell them I'm off the market for girls."

"So, you don't care if people know?" She asked, a bit confused

He shook his head, "Nope, not at all."

Unlike some people, Josh was proud and open with his sexuality.

Hayley grinned, "Cool, I guess I'll see you around. Bye Josh!"

He waved and headed to class as the bell rang. Once entering the science class, he made his way to the seat next to Tyler and sighed, seeing he wasn't looking up from where he was staring at his sleeve covered hands. He was wearing a different sweater and honestly, to Josh, he looked too fucking cute.

The teacher told everyone to bring up their homework, and when Josh got his out he turned to Tyler, "Want me to bring yours up?"

Tyler looked at him, and didn't say anything. In most cases, that would make the him uncomfortable, but to Josh it just made him a bit sad. The way Tyler looked at him was in a lost way, his eyes wide like a puppy's and corners of his lips turned in a frown.

Josh nodded in understanding, "alright."

When he turned his homework in, the teacher shook her head while looking at Tyler, "Mr. Joseph, care to explain why you didn't do you homework?"

He stared at her vacantly, a bored expression on his face. Josh walked to his seat and she groaned, "If you fail to complete your homework, then you may fail the class, I suggest you do it."

He just looked at his desk and sighed. Some students snickered at Tyler and Josh felt a bit bad for him. When he looked at some of the students, he saw Hayley in the corner snd she wasn't laughing. That made him a bit proud, at least she wasn't rude like the others.

Maybe, they could be friends.

-

The day continued and during music class, Tyler was his usual quiet and anti social self. Ian and Josh didn't talk since their seats were so far apart, plus Ian was talking happily with some girl.

When class was over, Josh wanted to attempt talking to Tyler again but he was already out of the class before he could.

He then headed to the cafeteria, meeting up with Andrew and Ian, got their lunch and headed to their regular table.

As they sat down, Josh saw that once again, Tyler didn't have food and stayed seated. It bothered Josh a bit, he felt that Tyler doesn't eat much, or at all. Hopefully he does at home, it worried him a bit. He wasn't sure why because he barely knows Tyler and shouldn't care so much about him.

Andrew saw Josh staring at Tyler and raised an eyebrow, "Hey, why are you looking at Tyler like that?"

The redhead jumped a bit at Andrews voice and a slight blush appeared on his cheeks, "Um, I'm not. I just blanked out."

Andrew and Ian glanced at one another and Ian asked Josh, "Hey, we heard a rumour going around that you were gay, is that true?"

Not the slightest bit bothered, Josh nodded, "Yep. Does it bother you?"

"No, but we were kind of shocked and we wanted to make sure." Andrew said, giving Josh a reassuring smile.

He chuckled, "Shocked?"

"Well, yeah, but I guess it makes sense now that you don't flirt with girls or anything." Ian said, taking a drink from his juice.

Josh shrugged, "I don't care too much about dating anyways." and they nodded and continued happily eating.