Ch. 25

"You fucking slutty little bitch!" Josh shouted at Mariah, wiping his mouth repeatedly, looking back at the door Tyler ran out of.

Mariah, not the slightest bit hurt by his words, shrugged with a grin, "Sorry babe, but I had to do it. I couldn't have you going around being gay, it's wrong and disgusting!"

Josh was practically flaming with anger, hands clenched at his side not wanting to punch a girl. Though, he was very tempted. He walked closer to her, practically touching noses and said in a quiet, angered voice through clenched teeth, "Listen here you bitch, only Tyler can call me babe, got it? and being gay is not wrong, nor disgusting. You of all people can't even call it wrong, because kissing a guy who's gay AND taken is wrong, now back the hell off before I do something I'll regret."

The girl was pressed against the wall now, since Josh was getting closer, she nodded quickly, gulping and shrugged, "F-Fine, I'll leave."

-

Heartbreak is something new to Tyler. He's been hurt by his father, mother and old friends, but this is different.

Tyler knew he loved Josh, and now he can never tell him, because the thought of Josh made his stomach drop and heart fill with pain.

He walked through his front door, hearing his dad in the kitchen, ask loudly, "Who's there?"

The young boy could tell his dad was drunk by the way his voice slurred and he was sure he was getting hit today. It's been a week since the last time his dad smacked him, that was normal considering it's only when his dad is drunk, which he hasn't been until today.

Tyler sighed, today wasn't his lucky day. "It's me."

His dad walked out of the kitchen and had a distinct beer smell. He glared at Tyler, asking, "Why are your eyes red boy? have you been crying?"

"M-Maybe," Tyler mumbled, looking down at his feet.

A finger tilted his chin up harshly, his dad scowling, "Crying is for wimps, my son is no wimp. Wipe those baby tears and toughen up."

Tyler pushed his dad's hand away, earning a hard slap in the face and he whimpered, touching his throbbing cheek. The drunk man shook his head in shame and walked to the kitchen, grumbling, "Worthless piece of shit."

When he was over the pain, Tyler walked upstairs and went to his room, shutting the door and locking it. He let out a loud sob and leaned his head on the wall, but winced when his cheek hit the cold wood.

So many emotions ran through his body. Hate, betrayal, insecurity, hurt, and most if all the unloving feeling that always occurs. However, anger stood out the most and he had the urge to just scream.

He couldn't though.

Tyler just slid down the door and curled up in a ball, much like he did when he was hit at a young age and was scared. He tugged his hair, crying loudly and was glad his dad was playing music downstairs.

He was just fed up with everything. Josh was the only person he actually trusted. Tyler was sure Josh didn't want to kiss Mariah, but there was part of him thag thought, maybe Josh was confused and didn't like boys. Perhaps he would fall for Mariah and get tired of taking care of Tyler.

From checking his arms and weight, to having him spend the night, and losing friends, Tyler was just ruining Josh's life. He wasn't good for Josh, even though Josh was perfect for Tyler.

Josh made Tyler happy, he was like the sun in the storm and the light in his dark. He brought out the best in him and actually attempted to help him. The things Josh did made Tyler have hope.