Ch 8

When Josh went to school he remembered he didn't have science, so he had to wait until lunch to see Tyler.

Josh joined Tyler and couldn't help but stare at his wrists, his sleeve covered wrists.

They talked a bit, and Josh noticed how Tyler would always tug at his sleeves.

-

In English, Josh had the perfect excuse to see Tyler again. He quickly packed up bis things, and grabbed Tyler's right arm, the one he didn't wince with, and asked, "Do you want to come over today? We could study for the test."

"I..I don't study," He muttered in response, staring at Josh's hand that was still holding his wrist, as if it was on fire.

Josh smiled, "Exactly, I wanna help you."

He meant it in more ways than one. Tyler was hesitant, very hesitant but agreed. He then waved goodbye and left for his last class.

Josh felt proud, and walked to class with a smug grin. He took his seat next to Andrew, who sent him a small smile. When it was time to do a worksheet, Josh sighed and turned to Andrew, asking, "Wanna work together?"

"Aren't you still mad at us?" He asked confused, meaning him and Ian.

"No," Josh admitted, "I'm just...disappointed I guess."

-

After school, Josh waited outside for Tyler and once he saw the boy, he smiled and sighed when Tyler simply nodded in acknowledgement.

They got on the bus and Josh saw Tyler fidgeting when they got to his own stop, Josh didn't understand why the brunette boy was so freaked out about staying over for a couple hours, but he just ignored the thought.

Once they were home, Josh led Tyler inside and took off his jacket, frowning when Tyler kept his on.

His mom glanced over seeing them and smiled, "Oh Josh, you brought Tyler over. Its nice to see you again."

He nodded, "You too Mrs. Dun"

Still no smile, Josh pouted. Jordan looked at Josh, giving him a warning look and he nodded. "Tyler and I are gonna study for our english test."

"Keep the door unlocked," She reminded him, causing Josh to blush and go upstairs with Tyler behind him.

He opened the door and shut it once they were inside, jumping on the bed. Tyler say down politely on the chair, and Josh rolled his eyes, patting the bed, "Get over here, silly. I don't have cooties"

"And I know that how?" Tyler replied sassily, shocking Josh, but he kept his face emotionless as always.

This had Josh curious, was Tyler always like this? Surely he was happy at least once in his life. He wondered what made the boy smile, laugh and happy.

However he pushed away the thoughts for later and took out his notes.

After about an hour, Tyler and Josh simply discussed music and Tyler let out a few huffs of laughter, they were small and he didn't smile, but it was enough to make Josh smile like a Cheshire Cat.

So, it was time for Josh to bring it up, and he knew it wasn't the best way, however it needed to be done and he questioned Tyler, "Why are you always so sad?"

The question caught the brunette boy off guard, and he seemed nervous, "I...I just feel...alone I guess."

"You wouldn't feel alone if you tried to make friends," Josh said, the response seemed rude but it was more soft and gentle when he spoke it.

Tears brimmed Tyler's eyes and he shrugged, "I don't like people."

"But you like me." Josh reminded, smiling a bit. "I care about you Tyler, and I've only known you for about a month, but I truly care about you and never want you getting hurt...or hurting yourself."

The hint was vague, but anyone with a brain knew what Josh was going at. He knew confronting him was bad, but it was the only way he could try and help him.

Josh felt Tyler freeze next to him, he saw how the boy nonchalantly pulled down his sleeves. He sat up slowly, almost hovering over Tyler, "I can help you okay? I can help you stop."

"I-I don't know w-what you're talking a-about," Tyler stuttered, his face was pale, eyes wide and Josh almost heard his heart beating.

"I know you cut yourself Tyler."