Ch. 22

After making Tyler stay the whole weekend, school was back and Josh really didn't want to go back. He didn't want Tyler going home after school.

They watched movies, played video games, and Tyler had to keep acting like he ate the whole time, using different secretive ways and excuses.

But, when he woke up, he felt a bit dizzy and hd to lay down and Josh turned to him, asking groggily, "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine." Tyler sat up again, relieved his head was clear of dizziness.

-

After getting Josh's books and placing their bags in their lockers, they reluctantly went to class, where they didnt see the teacher yet. She was probably in the teachers lounge. Josh sighed in relief, and they took a seat at their desk.

"She's a real jerk, you have detention today?" Josh asked, feeling sympathetic toward his boyfriend.

Tyler nodded, taking a breath, "Yeah, w-what if my dad is drunk tonight? He gets really mad when he's drunk."

Josh wrapped an arm around Tyler's shoulder, quickly kissing his head and soothed, "If he does, text me? You're getting your phone tonight, right?" Tyler nodded and Josh smiled.

Throughout class, neither spoke when the teacher asked, "Josh, can you name two differences between plant and animal cells?" Josh just started blankly at her, he knew the answer, it was easy. She raised an eyebrow, "Josh, answer the question."

"No," He told her with the same blank look. Josh was not a type of student who would say 'no' to a teacher.

She said in shock, "Did you just say no? Mr. Dun, I suggest answering the question, or you'll receive a detention."

"No thanks bitch," He said with a smile, more like a smirk.

The teachers face went red, flaming with anger and embarrassment, "That's it, you're getting a weeks worth of detention. Office, now!"

He grabbed his things, and went to the door, but before leaving he sent Tyler a quick wink, and thats when the brown haired boy realized Josh did this so he wouldn't be alone for detention.

-

Finally, the day was coming to an end. However, Tyler just kept getting dizzy and his mind was a bit blank.

When Josh waited at Tyler's locker to go to gym, he saw Tyler walking toward him and smile. But, Tyler suddenly stumbled, Josh's eyes widened and almost in slow motion, Tyler fell to the ground.

Josh ran over, and after minutes of nothing, a groan came from Tyler. His eyes scrunched up in discomfort and he rubbed his head frustratingly.

Josh sighed in relief, gently setting him down and the crowd walked out slowly, Josh kept an arm around Tyler as he stumbled and asked, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Tyler said quickly, mind fuzzy.

One of the teachers who rushed to help frowned, "Tyler, it's father random that you fainted. Did you eat anything today?"

Tyler nodded, lying, "Yeah, I had...breakfast."

Josh frowned, and Tyler kept avoiding his eyes as they continued talking to the tea her. She took away their detention days and suggested that Tyler went home, Josh was going as well to help him home. As they walked out the doors, Josh questioned in concern, "Why'd you lie to her? You didn't eat anything. And why did you faint?"

"It's nothing Josh, can you just help me home? I'm tired," Tyler pleaded, not wanting to talk to Josh about this.

However, the older boy insisted, "I need to know, I'm worried and you were so light when I picked you up. Not to mention, you barely eat anything. Are you ever eating? I never see you, and you always avoid food when I give it to you."

Tyler gulped slowly, Josh's questions were so fast and Tyler didn't know how to change the subject. His head was still annoying him, but he told Josh, "Honestly Josh, It's nothing you need to worry about! I'm fine, I'm just trying to lose some weight."

"How? By starving yourself?" Josh said sternly, and when Tyler didn't reply. He grabbed the boys hands and dragged him around the school, ordering, "Take off your shirt."

"What?" Tyler's eyes widened, and Josh just motioned him to do it. Hesitantly, Tyler lifted his shirt, feeling his eyes water when Josh gasped once his shirt was fully off. There were still bruises, but yellow and going away. He wasn't completely skin and bones, but Josh was sure he was very underweight for his age.

"P-Please, don't hate me," Tyler begged with tears dripping down his face. "I-I know I'm fat, but please! I need y-you."

Josh shook his head rapidly, walking over and running his hands over the sobbing boys stomach, feeling his ribs. Luckily, it wasn't one if the worst cases, but Josh could tell he was anorexic and if it continued, who knows what would happen.

"You're not fat Tyler, you're so skinny and it's not good," Josh told him with a frantic voice. He lifted Tyler's chin and said, "You need to eat, okay? I'll help you, but you need to eat more. You already fainted and I was so scared."

"I'm fine, I just need to lose a few more pounds," Tyler frowned, looking at his stomach that was so flat, but to him pudgy and disgusting.

Hearing those words caused Josh's eyes to fill with tears, "No, Tyler! Just-you can't lose anymore, you need to gain weight. I can't lose you, just like you need me, I need you. If you keep losing weight, you might die. Please, promise you'll eat more, for me?"

Tyler looked at the brown eyes of Josh, seeing how they were filled with tears and concern. He nodded, giving Josh a quick kiss, "Okay, I promise."