Ch. 11

It was the night before the party and Josh spent the day shopping with Andrew, Ian and Hayley.

They wen't to the food court, took a seat at the table, each checking their phones, Josh smiled seeing a text from Tyler.

[ From: Ty ]
Hi... Umm what time do you want me over tomorrow ?

He chuckled, even in a text Tyler is still awkward and adorable. He then frowned, asking Hayley, "What time is the party again?"

"Um, 8 but come around 9 because its boring the first hour," She answered

[ To: Ty ]
the party is at 9, but come to my place at 8:30 so we can get ready and put your stuff away

[ From: Ty ]
I'm really sleeping over?

[ To: Ty ]
Of course. I gotta go, but i'll see you tomorrow :)

[ From: Ty ]
Bye :)

-

Lets just say, sometimes a appearance can startle somebody. It's like, you've seen a person dress a certain way for so long, and suddenly, you look at then differently.

So, when Tyler appeared at Josh's doorstep, dressed in a band tank top and black jacket with skinny jeans, Josh sort of wanted to kiss him right then and there.

"You look....n-nice." He choked out.

Tyler blushed, looking up at Josh through his lashes, "Thanks, so do you."

-

Once they arrived at the party Josh reached for Tyler, who flinched. "Are you okay?" Josh asked, shocked by his reaction.

Tyler sighed, "S-Sorry. There's just so many people..."

"Oh, you don't like crowds?" He asked frantically.

"I just hate people being close to me." Tyler said simply.

"It's okay, I'll stay with you." Tyler nodded in response and Josh slowly took his hand and led him inside, where the music got 10x louder and the amount of people tripled.

Obviously Tyler was freaking out, Josh could feel him trembling. Deciding to assure him he's okay, Josh released his hand, making Tyler cling to him like his life depended on it.

The closeness caused him to smile, but he wrapped an around the boy and walked them to the kitchen, whispering, "It's okay, I promise I won't leave you."

Once in the kitchen, there were only people at the table playing strip poker, and the two boys grimaced when a girl took off her top. "Ew," Tyler said, scrunching his nose in disgust.

The action, in Josh's eyes, was adorable, and he couldn't help but poke his nose. Tyler let out a giggle, and clamped his hand over his mouth, embarrassed by sound.

-

An hour went by and Josh was still laughing and joking around with his two friends, Tyler was feeling more and more left out.

Soon, Andrew exclaimed, "Dude, there's a pool table downstairs and I have to show you, c'mon!"

And when Tyler thought Josh would stay, he left. As much as he wanted to follow them out of the room, he stayed and sat there.

"Hey, whatcha doing here alone?" Tyler glanced up, seeing a guy with an amused look. He had blonde hair and green eyes.

Tyler just shrugged, the green eyed boy sat next to Tyler, a bit closer than necessary. He had a cup in his hand and asked, "Well, maybe I could make you have fun. Are you thirsty?"