Ch. 6

When Monday came, Josh went into science and spotted Tyler sitting at their desk. He smiled, making his way toward the brown haired boy and plopped down in his seat.

Tyler looked up, saying,"Hi."

It took Josh a second to recover from the shock. He thought Tyler wouldn't want to talk during school, however he wasn't going to complain.

"Hi, did you do your homework?" He shook his head, and Josh asked, curiously, "Why don't you ever do it? Every class you just sit here..."

"I d-don't know," Tyler mumbled quietly.

He's never been asked all these questions, people usually ignore him and now that Josh talks to him, the boy has been having a hard time opening up and talking.

Josh sighed, "Well, could you work today? You don't wanna fail do you?"

"It wouldn't matter if I worked...I'd fail anyways," He said, tugging at the sleeves of his hoodie with his head down.

The action reminded Josh of a toddler, it was pretty cute but also sad considering what Tyler said.

Before Josh could protest, the bell rang and the teacher walked in, telling everyone to get out their homework.

He glanced at Tyler once more, then got his homework out reminding himself to tell Tyler how smart he is.

-

When Josh walked down the hall to lunch, he heard a familiar voice, "Hey, Josh!"

He turned seeing a familiar girl and chuckled, "Hi."

Hayley grinned, taking a breath that she lost when running to catch up with the redhead. "Where are you heading?"

"Lunch," He answered, raising an eyebrow. "What about you?"

"I have math," She sighed, rolling her eyes. It's obvious no one likes math, it's one of the most hated subjects and Josh wouldn't deny that he also hated the subject. "Well, I just wanted to say hi. I guess I'll talk to you later?"

They waved to one another then Josh entered the cafeteria. He met up with Ian and Andrew and they chatted a bit while getting their food.

It was like a routine, talking to Ian and Andrew, eating, talking to Tyler and repeat it the next day.

The boys were use to Josh leaving them, and never once have they questioned it. Sometimes they think Josh has a crush on the brown haired boy, but then they realize how crazy it sounded.

When Josh got to Tyler's lunch table, Tyler looked up and mumbled a 'hello'.

He was use to Josh now, Josh was nice and never judged him. The boy thought that Josh was different and he was kind of happy to have some company.

There was something about Josh that made Tyler's stomach feel funny, that made him eager to go to school, just so he could see those brown eyes and that red hair.

"So, what's your favorite subject?" Josh asked, just wanting to hear the boys voice again, he loved Tyler's voice. It was sweet like honey and always made Josh smile.

Tyler shrugged, "U-Uh, I don't have a favorite subject..."

"Why?" Josh asked, he thought everyone did. "There has to be one class you like, that you don't mind going to."

"Science," Tyler mumbled.

Josh gave him a confused look, "But you hate the teacher."

"But I don't hate you."