Ch. 16

It was the next day, and the teacher was passing out papers to work on with a partner, Josh looked at the paper and saw it was something easy. So, he decided to talk to Tyler and get it done and over with. He turned to him, and felt a bit awkward, he had to tell him the truth, all of it.

"Ty," He began, wanting to get his attention. But, of course that didn't happen. He sighed, "Please listen to me, I don't like Jade. I'm gay for crying out loud!"

Tyler snorted, shaking his head in shame. "Gays don't kiss girls, especially like that. Y-You didn't pull away. You kept kissing her, but I get it. You know I like you now, so you don't have to talk to me anymore, I know you don't feel the same."

Josh frowned, and placed his hand on Tyler's sleeve covered ones. His jacket is a bit baggy, and his sleeves go past his hands, which Josh thought was adorable. When Tyler pulled his hand away, he winced as it moved across the desk, and Josh's eyes widened.

"You didn't...." He gasped slightly, and grabbed his hand, rolling up the sleeve a bit underneath the desk so people couldn't see. When he saw the cuts- the fresh cuts- his heart broke and he looked at the brunette boy, who looked down in disappointment. "Tyler, why did you do this?"

"It doesn't matter, just stop butting into my life. You don't care about me Josh, you just feel bad and you're pitying me. I don't need pity, I need a friend. But, no one wants to be my friend, and I don't blame them. All I do is cause trouble and ruin peoples lives," Tyler grabbed his bag and got up front his seat.

"Tyler, do-"

"Just stop trying to help," Tyler pleaded, walking toward the door. Josh noticed people watching with wide-eyes, probably shocked that Tyler spoke.

-

It was after school, and Tyler hadn't left Josh's mind all day, It was a few hours after he wen't to bed, that he woke up with a knocking sound. Josh groaned, and got up, knowing his family are all heavy sleepers aside from him.

Surely, he shouldn't open doors at 3AM, but he was too tired to think of safety. But, when he opened the door, his eyes widened seeing Tyler leaning against the doorway, with a black eye and tears streaming down his face.

"I-I didn't know where else to go." Tyler whimpered, wincing as he spoke.