Ch. 20

Josh was worried, beyond worried, because Tyler wasn't in school the next day, or the day after that. He was so scared and Tyler never responded to his texts. One time, he thought of going to Tyler's house, but decided not to, because he's never been there and it might upset Tyler's dad more.

It's not like Tyler to ignore him, especially since he did nothing wrong. So, either he lost his phone, got it taken away, or...he didn't even want to think of another option, because it wasn't good and it made his heart break in half.

A knock on Josh's bedroom door broke his depressing thoughts, and he said weakly, "Come in."

Jordan walked in the room and told Josh, "Someone from moms work is coming over in a few, it may be Tyler's dad, so Tyler might be over, just saying."

He got dressed, and it wasn't long till his mom was calling him down, saying Tyler was here. Josh's eyes widened and he rushed downstairs, seeing his boyfriend and his abusive dad.

-

"Why weren't you in school?" Josh said softly, as they entered another room.

Tyler finally spoke with a quiet, croaky voice, "He didn't w-want people to be suspicious, I...I'm so scared, and I never was scared if him, but ...he keeps hurting me more."

Josh pulled Tyler into a hug, rubbing his back soothingly, "It's okay Ty, I'll help you figure something out."

-

When the food was being passed around, Tyler put some on his plate, but he didn't eat and just pushed the food around. Josh's mom spoke up after awhile, asking Tyler, "So, do you play any sports?"

"I...I like basketball," He shrugged nervously under the look of bis dad. "But, no, I keep more to uh, myself."

She smiled and nodded.

Josh whispered as everyone else spoke, "Why aren't you eating? Do you not like Lasagna? I could get my mom to make you something else."

"No, I just ate before I came," He replied with a reassuring smile.

And since he smiled, Josh believed him. Well, no, he didn't, but he didn't want to cause a scene. Especially not with Tyler's father here, looking all happy and causal. Tyler's dad glanced at his son, asking, "Why is your plate full?"

"I'm not hungry," He told him with a soft voice.

Mr. Joseph said sternly, "Too bad, eat boy. Mrs. Dun slaved over a stove for us, so you're going to eat."

Tyler nodded frantically, and took a bite of the lasagna, wincing at how the food went down his throat. So many carbs, too many. Everyone except Tyler and Josh left to put their plates away, and Josh looked at his boyfriend sadly, and grabbed his plate, eating all of his food.

Tyler's eyes widened, "Josh!"

"You're full," He shrugged, stuffing his face with lasagna. He finished and quickly put the plate back as if Tyler ate it, just as Mr. Joseph walked in.

"Good job," Tyler's dad said, giving his son a grin.

-

Josh's mom told the boys to go up to Josh's room, in which they did. Josh closed the door behind them, then slammed his lips onto Tyler's, surprising the boy. However, he kissed back and their lips slowly moved together in a bit of a sloppy way.

Josh pulled back, running his hands through Tyler's hair and asked, "Why didn't you text me back? I kept trying to get a hold of you."

"He took my phone away," Tyler explained.

Before Josh could say anything, he heard his mom call them back down. Josh watched as Tyler walked out and he rubbed his face in frustration. All he wanted to do was protect Tyler, and he really needed to figure out how.

The first thing he has to do is get him away from his house. So, Josh wen't downstairs and spotted Tyler's dad and his mom talking while Tyler stood by the door, waiting to go home.

Josh walked over and asked his mom, "Could Tyler sleepover?"

Her eyes narrowed and he gave her a knowing look, cause he knew she was hesitant since Josh and Tyler were dating.

"If it's fine with his father," She nodded.

Josh gave Mr. Joseph a pleading look, which was weird since he was mentally stabbing him repeatedly. The man glared at Tyler and he looked as though he wanted to say no, but he gave a fake smile and said, "Alright, only for tonight."

Josh grinned and watched when Mr. Joseph gave Tyler a hug, which was gentle and loving; like a father's.

When his father left, Tyler threw himself at Josh and gave him a hug, "Thank you so much."

Josh wrapped his arms around him, inhaling his scent, "C'mon, it's time to have a sleepover."